“Super little restaurant”

Mamma Mia Ristorante Braceria
Ranked #24 of 533 Restaurants in Arezzo
Price range: US$ 32 - US$ 67
Description: Small restaurant with about 30 seats, where the quality of raw materials, the tradition of processing and the wide selection of wines are of the utmost importance. Homemade pasta, fish, grilled meat, mainly chianina IGP calories, delicious and rigorously prepared pastries, are waiting for you in a quiet and elegant location
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the nearby Minerva Hotel just a short walk away we came across this restaurant. You could almost walk by without noticing it, but make sure you don’t. It serves excellent fresh Tuscan food. We were warmly welcomed by a complimentary glass of Prosseco. My wife had one of the many pasta dishes, I had the veal tagliata which I asked for medium/rare but word of warning it came out “blue” just flashed in the pan who was too rare for me. I asked the owner if she would cook it more for me, which was no problem when it came back it was perfect. We finished with a gorgeous homemade tiramisu with a twist of hazelnuts on top. Bellisimo. The wine list is comprehensive and varied. I great little find.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent local cuisine at reasonable prices. I had fried porcini mushrooms and tagliatelle with gamberi in a cream sauce and my Italian friend had the best gnocchi a ragu he has ever had! Service was excellent and friendly in English and Italian. A wonderful meal!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Short drive from AC Hotel, great service, extensive wine list, nice menu selections with great tasting food.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We visited this place with our Friends as it was on the way to our accommodation.
The staff was friendly, good food and tasteful wine.
We ordered pasta, fish and shrimps. Be aware that portions are big, but you have to order sides separately.
They grill Everything on real fire. Pasta was handmade and fresh.
We would visit again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Read the reviews here and decided to give it a try. Very happy we did!

We were greeted warmly by Tamara (?), who turned out to be the owner. Early birds, she gave us our choice of tables and a lovely welcome glass of prosecco arrived momentarily. The decor is light and airy, almost cottage-like. Very pleasing.

She graciously created one antipasti out of two in the menu because we wanted to try both. (Cheese board and meat selection; I highly recommend) after ordering she asked about wines. When we said we wanted local she brought over three of her favorites and explained about the grapes and wineries if each. The one we chose was excellent!

For dinner I took the daily special, risotto with asparagus, while me husband had gnocchi with ragu. Both were really delicious, the perfect portion size and we cleaned our plates! For dessert we chose a warm chocolate cake that Tamara made herself, as she does all the desserts.

To make the evening even better, we received 20% off our bill because we had booked online. Perfecto!

1  Thank MAP1216