“The best of Tuscan Hospitality”
other travellers have booked this property
1- Entrance of the property Front of the property
Seating inside the bedroom
11- Bedroom and wardrobe
12- Bathroom
13- Shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Julie M
Hervey Bay, Australia
“The best of Tuscan Hospitality”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

If you are looking for the perfect holiday retreat in Tuscany - this is it.
The apartment in Lucignano is tastefully furnished and designed to accommodate your every need. The photos on the web page and its description is exactly what you see on arrival.
Dario has the ability to make his guests feel very special. He is both charming and knowledgeable about all things Italian and offers valuable information about the local and surrounding areas. In short, a brilliant raconteur
His mother, ( who is a wonderful cook) has the most beautiful smile that makes you feel welcome in any language.
The organic wine, the Limoncello, Grappa, fresh vegetables from his mothers garden and fresh eggs from the chickens, all form part of the wonderful lifestyle on Dario's vineyard property, surrounded by Olive trees.
Our invitation to a family dinner one night for a typical Tuscan meal was a memorable occasion, as were the late night discussions with Dario over a couple of bottles of his organic wine.
The outdoor area offers alfresco dining for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with views overlooking the hilltop village of Lucignano.
Our two week stay with Dario and his family formed part of our 3 month European holiday from Australia.
It was without doubt the highlight of our journey and will remain a long and lasting memory of our time spent in this wonderful location.
Highly recommended. Thank You Dario, from Julie & Phillip

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being greeted by Dario like a long lost friend
Liked least: Having to say Arrivederci.
Friends getaway Older travelers
7 Aug 2015
My dearest Julie & Phillip,
Many and many thanks for your nice review and your kind company during your stay here, I cannot find the right words to explain my happiness during our conversations between one glass of my wine and the other.
Surely will be a fantastic remember and if you want to come back in this corner of Tuscany the door will be always open, thanks a lot once again, a big hug, Dario.
Doris P
Munich, Germany
“Lovely stay in the wonderful house of a 'friend'”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Perfectly located to visit the City of Arezzo, Cortona, Perugia, Assisi, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Pienza and many more.
The Apartment in Dario' s amazing house was just lovely. It was very well equipped and perfectly clean. The house itself is built of old stones - gorgeous!
We enjoyed our breakfast and our night cup on the terrace, looking at Lucignano in top of the hill.
Dario is a host, who makes you feel at home from the very first minute. He showed us his wine cellar and gave us various bottles to taste. We enjoyed the organic wine, the home made Limoncello and Dario's company on the first evening. We will keep the empty bottles as a souvenir.
Looking back to 2 weeks holidays in Tuscany and Amalfi coast, we must say that our stay in Croce/Lucignano was one of the best. Due to Dario's hospitality we felt welcome and at home.
Last but not least a Restaurant recommendation: 'La Rocca' in Lucignano - they serve excellent food.

23 Jul 2015
My dearest Doris & Werner, I have no words to thank you for you nice review you wrote about my property, your company has been very nice,I hope you enjoyed my organic wine and I hope also to see again in this corner of Tuscany, many thanks once again, big hugs, Dario.
Jurij D
“A dream vacation”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Having spent half a century on our dear planet, we chose to celebrate in Tuscany, my lady and I. Our host, Dario, greeted us with a smile and a bottle of his more than excellent organic wine. He spent the first evening (and many afterwards) with us, showing us around his property, sharing his wine and giving us many, many tips about where to go, what to do in Tuscany. Dario is the best host ever, he treated us like friends from the first moment he saw us. Very kind and open, generous (his Chianti might just be the best wine in the world... :)) and knowledgeable. We were supposed to leave for home just on the day of the famous Palio in Siena. Of course, we couldn't have done that, Dario explained to us. So once more, thank you Dario, for your hospitality and generosity!
The apartment is a part of the host's magnificent house and fully equipped. Beautiful and cool in hot summer days, impeccably clean, ready to accept weary travelers. A living room/kitchen with all the amenities, TV, WiFi, a fireplace and a bottle of olive oil in the cupboard. The bedroom stays cool in the summer, thanks to the thick walls of the house. We slept soundly and comfortably, waking up rested and ready for new adventures each and every day.
Dario's property is located just south of picturesque Lucignano - some 20 minutes walking distance. The view from the patio is magnificent, there's a large table in the shade, perfect for evening talks under the full moon and a glass of Dario's fine wine. The whole property is beautiful, typically Tuscan; there's a vineyard, an ancient cellar (one of Dario's offices!), a garden with a shed nearby and hens for the best eggs for breakfast.
If you travel by car, this is the perfect home base for daily trips around Tuscany. The grand, old town of Cortona, the nearby villages of Lucignano, Monte San Savino, Sinalunga and of course, Siena, Arezzo and Florence. Many sites to see, from ancient monasteries and towns to modern outlet shopping in Valdichiana, if you are so inclined.
The whole region is ancient, you can sense the centuries in each brick, stone and wall. Tuscany people are proud of their heritage, friendly and open.
In one sentence: Dario is the best, friendliest host for the best holiday ever! Thank you!
Jurij and Alenka

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt like home, it was really nice to come back to Dario's each evening
Liked least: Leaving!
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
6 Jul 2015
My dearests Jurij & Alenka,
I have no words to thank you for your lovely review you wrote about my property, your company during the evenings of your stay has been fantastic and I hope to see you once again in this corner of Tuscany, place of good wine and good food, many many thanks, a big hug, Dario.
Hutch56
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“one of the best hosts we've ever encountered”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in June 2013

great accomodation, great location, Dario is the best host ever ! Lucignano is beautiful, the whole area is just picture postcard perfect, One of the best holidays w'eve ever had, amazing value, and Dario makes the best Lemoncello in Italy. I actually don't want to tell you about this place, because I want to be able to go again without having to compete with too many people for a booking.

Your age range 50-64
21 Feb 2015
My dearest Fred & Carol,
I was just thinking of you last few days ago and you sent me a fantastic review about your stay in my property here in Tuscany, I have no words to thank you for the nice description, I miss your company and I need some real friends, as you are, to taste together my new wine from the last harvest 2014, 13 proof are enough for your taste ? this is the organic red wine I had.
I hope to see you soon again.
Many many thanks for your review.
A big hug.
Warm Regards
Dario
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2015 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and people
Liked least: coming home
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Jan 2015
Dearest Kevin & Rachael,
Many thanks for your review and your kindness, I miss your company but I hope to meet you again in the next future.
A big hug.
Dario
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing