All reviews rooftop pool side sea view breakfast room per person per day stayed for nights hotel beach great beach very nice hotel spectacular views the wi fi hotel staff every morning top floor recommend this hotel town centre private beach reception
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Tiny room, bad lighting (compounded by a bedside lamp that was out of order during our entire 3-day stay), a “balcony” so small as to be unusable, and a “view”, across an alley, of the adjacent building. Good beach, even if pricy (20€ pp per day). “Non refundable” charge for a breakfast of institutional food and the only bad coffee we encountered in Italy. The staff was very pleasant except for the Director who was the rudest and least accommodating person we’ve ever encountered in that position.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We stayed here for four nights and booked a balcony room with a view. We found the room tired, the balcony rusty and the view we had was of a tree! The room felt dark and gloomy, there were scuff marks on the walls and furniture, the toilet cistern didn't fit properly and there was mould on the shower seals. This is a four star hotel and I would expect the bar to be staffed, but each time I went down to order a coffee or a drink, there was nobody there. I know other people rave about the restaurant, but we found that disappointing too. We ate here on our first night and I really didn't enjoy what was offered - the roast veal looked like it had come out of a packet - I didn't touch it. The breakfast, whilst there was a lot of choice, I just didn't feel that the choice was of good quality for the cost of the rooms. I did speak to the manager before we left and he listened to my complaint and, to be fair, he did say that if I had complained earlier that he could have done more to help, which is fair comment, but some of my issues just should not have occurred in a four star hotel charging four star prices.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here again for 3 nights, the hotel was very clean and smart.

The staff were incredibly friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

Our room was cleaned and tidied everyday with fresh towels added.
Good breakfast.
We had a really lovely stay and would recommend this hotel to couples and families.

We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaeger_bcn
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 night with friends, the staff is friendly and qualified, the location is perfect but the only thing I didn't considered a 4* hotel were a few services that they didn't provide(ketlle for hot water, the noise reduction is minimum and I could hear all the people in the next room, the restaurant on the sixth floor has a "bistro" menu). Another problem is that you pay a 4*hotel and they do not provide you with a free parking or seats on the beach and they will overcharge you for every thing(30€/ nigh the parking).

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I promised myself to post this review and, even a few months later, i finally found the time! As a regular at this hotel i can only say that our stays better each time! We really can't wait to go back again next Summer!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trizia91
Direzione_H_Spiaggia, Direttore at Grand Hotel Spiaggia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear trizia91,
thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Grand Hotel Spiaggia.
I am delighted to read that you appreciated our Hotel and our staff.
We cannot wait to welcome you once again to Alassio!
Best Regards