See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Alassio is a nice city perfect to relax and enjoy the italian riviera. Beaches are sandy and the coast is shallow for a long run making it a safe place for small kids.
This hotel is an allegory of the city. Nice to look at, comfortable and located very close to the beach and the center. The rooms are adequate, while not very big they are cozy. Many have a view of the sea. The elevator is not very big, but it can fit three people. They have a kid area in front of the reception desk with many toys for different ages. Breakfast is varied and we especially appreciated the orange juice made by a machine with real oranges.
The staff is always available to assist you and advice on what to see and do.
Wifi in the rooms is working properly.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We only stayed for one night - we would stayed for longer if we had time! Our room was delightful overlooking the sea and the crashing waves.. The welcome was warm and helpful and the room well appointed. However the highlight of the stay was dinner in Ristorante Lamberti - perhaps the best dinner we have ever had! The food and service were to die for - the lamb was divine!! They even went to the trouble of making a fruit salad for me! Highly recommended and we will try very hard to be back!!

Room tip: 301 was a good choice!
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidwB6194TR
Reviewed 8 October 2014

My husband and I wanted to break up long drive, and I found this hotel on Venere.com. The price was excellent. Parking you find on your own, and we got lucky. The hotel is one block from the beach, and we have the window on our sweet little terrace open to the sound of crashing waves. The neighborhood is good, and we had great long walks. Our room has pitched ceilings, a large bathroom, clean heavy cotton sheets, and an ancient hair dryer which is very quaint. We found our receptionist welcoming and helpful. I find this hotel charming and a great value.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArtistGirl68
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've stayed with my bestfriend in this hotel and I won't come back ever again!
Let's start saying that the service was very poor.
When we arrived, the receptionist was very busy on the phone that she ignored us even though we were in front of the reception desk. She didn't tell us to wait for her or even apologize to be on the phone. Good thing one of their waitresses came to give us the key and asked for our IDs. But I was so disappointed because I expected to be checked-in by a receptionist giving us information about the hotel: Wi-Fi, breakfast area, breakfast time, resaturant, etc., and this didn't happen. I also work in a **** hotel in Milan as a front desk officer and I have never treated my guests like this before.
The staff was concentrating more on getting restaurant reservations on the phone than welcoming their hotel guests like every normal hotels do.

We stayed in a room on the 4th floor, exactly in room 401. At the first place, when we booked for a double room with twin beds with nice seashore view, they offered me this double room as it is the last one available that has a seashore view but the thing is the bed was a french size bed. In Milan, that bed is considered as a single bed that guests only 1 person and not a double bed, I'm pretty sure that a couple will never accept a room like this. Lucky for us that we don't sleep too messy.

And the thing that irritated us the most is that they told us that we have a seashore view but they didn't tell us that before having that view you still need to go on a balcony and step on the edge of it to be able to see tha sea, you know why?, because there was a wall in front of the balcony! Is that a seashore view? I would have preferred a comfort room without any view instead of this. They should have specified it.

One more thing I need to precise is that their breakfast is as poor as their service. It was my first time to see a breakfast buffet with just sweets and 1 type of cold cuts: ham, they should know that not everyone eats sweets in the morning.

I need to say also something about the Wi-Fi in our room, there was a router but no one noticed that its plug was unplugged. We tried to plug it again but we need to put an adaptor that we didn't have. This means that they don't even clean the room because we noticed it only on our last day. Good thing that my friend and I have internet 3g connection in our phone.

On the day of our check-out, the same receptionist of the first day was there and they charged us a bottle of water that we haven't taken it at all. Very weird because we didn't even touch their things in the minibar but we put our drinks and food inside. They're so careless and I'm really sorry for that because it was our only vacation of the year and this isn't a good hotel for a holiday.

The thing that exceeds everything of the hotel is that they don't care about their hotel guests but they care about their restaurant guests! Why not closing the hotel and just concentrate on the restaurant? That would be better.
We felt very bad, very awkward during our stay. We didn't receive a nice treatment in a place where tourists come and go.
I won't recommend this to anyone. Ever!.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank NiKz1989
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in alassio. The hotel is one street away from the beach and although they don't have a private area on the beach there was no problem in finding space.
The staff were very friendly and could speak English very well which made things even easier.
The room was perfect, it was on the corner and so we had two views, one of the sea and one of the hills which was beautiful when the sun was setting.
My favourite memory of our holiday (10 days travelling along the coast of Italy) was on our balcony in alassio drinking wine and listening to an opera singer practising on the rooftop of the next door hotel. Perfect!

Date of stay: May 2012