My wife and I stayed at "Terrazze di Montelusa" at the end of May. This B&B is located in one of the most charming piazzas of Agrigento, and it occupies the last two floors of what used to be the Hotel Bella Napoli, one of the oldest hotels in Agrigento. The place is absolutely immaculate, having been recently renovated with the latest amenities. Our room was airy and silent. The second floor of the B&B has three large balconies ("terrazze") with an absolutely spectacular view of the roofs of Agrigento and the Valle dei Templi in the distance. To sit there makes you feel like flying on the roofs of Agrigento, and inspires a contemplative mood.
The B&B owner and host, Francesco, deserves a special mention as he has a rather extraordinary talent for hospitality. When we reached the B&B, he sat us down on a terrazza and served us fantastic sweets and coffee. He introduced us to other travellers, helping us feel truly at home. The breakfasts were amazing, with Francesco showing up with sudden surprises, traditional Sicilian cakes and the like. In essence, our memory of Agrigento is inextricably linked with our experience at Terrazze di Montelusa. Staying there was like visiting a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B&B Terrazze di Montelusa is the result of the renovation of a mansion belonging to our family since 1822 (Casa Messina Bonfiglio), in the historical center of Agrigento. We offer three larger bedrooms, one suite and one junior suite. All of them are furnished with style and equipped with air-conditioning, private bathrooms, TV, mini-bar and free internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Terrazze Di Montelusa Hotel Agrigento
- Terrazze Di Montelusa b&b
- B&B Terrazze Di Montelusa Agrigento, Sicily