“The best we have stayed in”

Review of Red Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Fire Place in Lounge
Reading corner in the livign room
View from Twin Room
Twin Room
Twin Room
The Twin Bedroom
Enter a caption for your photo
Upstairs landing
Beamed double room
Double Room
Cosy beamed double room
Kitchen
Breakfast in the Garden
Cottage courtyard
Stow-on-the-Wold 1 mile from Cottage. Lots of wonderful shops, restaurants and tea rooms.
Bibury Village 8 Miles from Cottage
Stanton 4 miles from village (fantastic walk Snowshill to Stanton)
Our family picnic in Lower Slaughter couple of miles from cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lincolnsh...
lincolnshire
“The best we have stayed in”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This cottage was the best we have ever stayed in - description was accurate and everything you could possibly need was provided. However, if you are Male, Tall, Bald & Stupid like me "Mind your head" and remember it is a cottage with low doorways. The cottage was very clean and a joy to stay in. The surrounding Cotswolds are extremely lovely and the cottage is ideally placed for touring the area. Very many thanks to the owners for a holiday to remembered.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: it was all very good
Liked least: we have no complaints
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
23 Jun 2014
Thanks very much, glad you had a lovely holiday. Sorry about the bumps on your head, people must of been much shorter when the cottage was built, being 5 foot I have never had a problem :)... thanks again and I hope we can welcome you to the cottage again sometime.
Diane E
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Xmas Cottage & Location”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Stayed with Husband and another couple. Very well equipped cottage and really comfy beds. Special thanks to John and Stephanie for personally decorating the cottage with Xmas decorations which was done beautifully. (we appreciate the distance you came to do this,also thanks for the Turkey tray.) We visited Morton in the Marsh Market held every Tuesday well worth a visit and we were able to buy all local fresh produce. Christmas Eve we booked a meal in the local pub the Fox very good food (Chef has MBE for cooking for the troops in Afghan etc). Xmas Day lit the log fire meandered to the local at lunch time and made to feel welcome by the locals. Broadwell is a very pretty village and in a great location to visit the Cotswolds, Stratford and Oxford all within easy reach.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
2 Jan 2014
Thanks for your lovely review. Glad you liked the cottage, and I agree it is a lovely location for Christmas. I hope you come again soon.
Antipholu...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Probably better in Summer”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

The cottage is very pretty, well equipped and well placed for touring the Cotswolds.
However it smelt strongly of Dog (maybe the previous occupants, or a permanent state, don't know), had to use a lot of Febreze every day. The heating was supposedly on a timed system but didn't seem to work so I ended up controlling it manually which was a nuisance,
especially having to switch on the water before showering. (But again it might be that this is down to a previous occupant tinkering with the system).
I think it would be super in the summer, but a bit dismal in October.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Chilly
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Location
19 Jul 2013
So pleased you and your daughter had a lovely time, and enjoyed the lovely village. We hope you visit us again soon
airamcb
southend
“I have lived, worked and travelled all over the world and Red Cottage exceeded my expectations....”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

As my headline says I am British and have lived and worked in North America, Hong Kong and mainland China. Having had this cross cultural experience I can absolutely and whole heatedly recommend Red Cottage in the most positive way. From my first enquiries to the delightful owners my experience was only positive and only improved upon when we arrived in this beautiful part of the country, a secret village hidden away in one of Britain's best bits with such fantastic links to every bit of the Cotswolds you could wish to see! Red Cottage was also a fabulous surprise, every part is well thought out, beyond comfortable and as someone that loves to cook, everything that I needed to rustle up a lovely meal in the kitchen. It was early summer when we visited and the cottage is light and airy and so beautifully furnished and equipped, each room has wonderful attention to detail and it really is home from home and trust me, I have incredibly high standards, but I will be going back and I will definitely visit over the winter months as I can't wait to use the wonderful log burner in the lounge......thank you for a providing a cottage that was more than as described and a fabulous place for me and my daughter to holiday.

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Jul 2013
Thanks so much for putting such a lovely review. Pleased you had a lovely time and the weather was kind to you, we ordered it especially for you. We hope to see you again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 88
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing