All reviews secure car park overnight stop recommend this hotel room was clean great hotel compiegne shower privilege tv
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

So glad I found this hotel because the other other I say at was booked and didn't have ac but glad this one did. Clean and modern hotel at a good price in the south part of the city. Only concern was the toilet was dirty. But good place and will return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Philippe B, General Manager at Mercure Compiegne Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Compiègne Sud. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Directeur
Hôtel Mercure Compiègne Sud

Reviewed 13 June 2017

As to relate to the review: I stayed one night for business and did not eat at the hotel. So no review regarding the food.
It is a business hotel, not many things to do and plenty of conference rooms. I needed to be in the building next door, so location convenient.
Staff: At the reception they were friendly.
Room: Reasonably clean, but looks old. All screws on the chair were old and wobbly, TV set was from the last century, Bed is really, but really unconfortable, not good for a good night rest. Airco was not working well and pillows are really aweful.
The shower was not to tight and for a not so tall person as I (187cm) the large showerhead was touching my head. Too less space. Why 2 showerheads if a normal tall guy cannot even stand straight. The toilet paper holder was loose and pointed downwards, so the paper always fell on the ground.
Really noisy and do not accept a room on the first floor. The kitchen is downstairs and they have a door that makes a terrible noise and every 10 seconds somebody seems to go through that door. How can people sleep with that noise considering the beds are already terrible.
For the price: Really poor. There are so many better hotels for this price per night.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Philippe B, Directeur général at Mercure Compiegne Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hotel Mercure Compiegne. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Directeur

Reviewed 29 May 2017

After really enjoying our stay in a Mercure hotel close to Lille, we were hoping that this Mercure hotel would be just as good. Unfortunately, we were wrong.

The hotel is quite a way out of Compiegne, but it has several restaurants nearby and a secure car park. We had issues getting into the car park to get to our car. We pressed the bell several times, waiting for a long period of time, before having to head back inside the hotel because nobody would answer or open the gates for us. Then I had to wait at reception whilst all other customers were dealt with, before someone would finally open the gate.

We requested a quiet room, but there was a wedding taking place the night that we stayed, and the party was taking place outside with live music, so we could hear the music through the evening.

We were really disappointed with the decor of our room. It felt dated and very dark and gloomy and not somewhere I wanted to spend any time at all. There was no safe, which in my opinion, is something that all hotels should have available. The shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all, with several hairs in the base, and there was a smell of drains when using the shower.

I really feel that the hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. A more modern and brighter colour scheme may well work wonders.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Philippe B, Directeur général at Mercure Compiegne Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Philippe Bellengé - General Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Beds were very uncomfortable, pillows were awful! Small shower towels were a pain. Food in restaurant was okay the first night but appalling the second night. Staff were unfriendly and when asking for something made you feel as if you were in the wrong. This was an organised event so hotel choice was out of my control but certainly wouldn't visit again or recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Philippe B, Directeur général at Mercure Compiegne Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Compiègne. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

This hotel is situated just south of Compiegne on an industrial estate just off the main road. The hotel is modern, clean and well-presented with a secure car park. The multi-lingual front desk staff were polite and welcoming; and the room itself (a standard double) was of a good size and comfortable. I ate in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast - the dinner menu was typically French whilst the breakfast offer had both hot and cold options. As Mercure Hotels go, my only complaint of this one would be that it was at the expensive end of the scale but it offered what I wanted, where I wanted it and I would use it again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Philippe B, Directeur général at Mercure Compiegne Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Wilford Terrier

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Mercure Compiègne.