Grand Hyatt Muscat
US$ 139
US$ 109
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa(Barr Al Jissah)
US$ 578
US$ 538
US$ 372
US$ 277
HotelQuickly
1,667 results
All reviewsswim up barjohn barrydiplomatic districtindonesian restaurantmokha cafeembassy districtclub roompool areapoolside restaurantbeach accessrooms are largefive star hotelbit datedhotel guestsbusiness tripnice poolamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a dinner in Tuscany Restaurant in this hotel. This hotel is located in a lovely place in seaside Muscat. Tuscany is a good restaurant with very good ambient. Food was delicious and service was excellent.

Stayed: May 2017
GrandHyattMuscat, Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Greetings from your home in Muscat!

On behalf of the whole team, I just wanted you to know that we truly appreciate your support and we feel honored to be your chosen hotel here in Muscat. We always strive to deliver the best possible service for each and everyone of our guest and it is always gratifying to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities likeable.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

An upscale hotel for sure and you definitely know you are in The Middle East - the decor is over-the-top with decoration everywhere you look (way too much for my eyes) but some people like it I guess. The patterns and colours clash and its gaudy. That said, you still want to take out your camera and snap away - its like Disneyland!
The rooms are large but the decor a bit dated and ugly pastel colours, reminiscent of the 1980s. The shower products are useless - small shower gels and shampoos that smell like sweet pineapple but don´t even give a lather (bring your own)!!!
The poolside restaurant was good - both for service and selection/quality of food
The pool was big but sadly a bit too popular so the water was dirty - something they need to clean more often. For me, the pool was nice but simply WAY TOO BUSY - screaming kids and packed in loungers. It was too busy everyday so we went to the grassy beachside area (between the pool and the beach) - there were a few more loungers but not enough umbrellas so not ideal either. The beach was sad - there had just been a chemical dump in the sea the day we arrived and killed thousands of fish so they were all washed up on shore rotting away, the smell was gross!
The big bonus for us was HAPPY HOUR(S) - from 6 to 8pm we had as much free booze and buffet as we could manage - wonderful given the cost of each glass of champagne normally. Considering the cost of a night here, we managed to drink enough to make it affordable!! Oh, and the Philippine staff working the "happy hour" were amazing!

Room Tip: rooms with a view are more noisy than rooms without - you choose which is important
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattMuscat, Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Muscat and I trust this email finds you well.

We thank you for taking the time to complete our guest experience survey and share your experiences with me.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you have to experience these inconsistencies during your stay,this certainly is not the standard of service and care that we pride ourselves on and you may be assured that I have shared your feedback with concerned departments and it will enable us to continue to strive to deliver the highest standards of service.
In the meantime, I would also like to express my gratitude for the positive points you have noted. We are truly grateful for the trust you’ve placed in us.Your positive feedbacks will be shared with our teams.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Muscat

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A four star hotel. Nothing about this hotel was exceeding high other than the great service staff. I could have stayed in a better accomoaccommo for the price. The beach was very uninteresting and not many restaurant or store options in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GHMuscat, Guest Relations at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are glad to know that our staff was able to serve you as per your expectations. And thank you for sharing your candid feedback with regards to the beach and dining options which will greatly help us identify our areas of improvement . We hope that we get a chance to serve you again in the near future and are able to provide you a memorable stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of the most luxurious hotels I have ever been visited, top of the line . View is amazing , fabulous dinning area . You can’t imagine how this place is beautiful , nicely selected furniture and decoration

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
GrandHyattMuscat, Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Muscat
Thank you very much or your very kind review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time while staying with us, and we were able to provide you a fantastic home away from home experience. My team and I are beyond grateful for your positive response, and we all highly value your comments and praise.

It has been our pleasure to have taken care of you and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stay at Grand Hyatt overtime I travel for business to Muscat. I am never disappointed with the welcome, the staff, my room, or the experience. Despite the fact that I normally travel on business to this location, I would not hesitate to take my family to this Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings from your home in Muscat!