All reviews the cottages lighter fluid key west charcoal grill middle keys kayaks and paddle boards tiki hut boat dock outdoor shower fully equipped kitchen screened porch bahia honda off the beaten path cat's eye watch the sunset marathon cabin
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the Queen cottage. GET IT. SO GORGEOUS. You have a private beach to yourself. The actual cottage is stunning. Beautiful granite kitchen, private bedroom, a little covered deck. We were SO thrilled and surprised by how wonderful this was!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alisha J
Reviewed 23 October 2015

We chose this hotel because it was right in the middle of the Keys. We also thought the pool and beach would be great with the kids. Unfortunately it was raining most of the days we were there so we didn't use them so I can't rate them. The rooms were nice and well equipped, the staff was very nice too. The breakfast is a bit poor though.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank indya75
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Charming property loved and cared for. Arriving there felt like getting home after a long drive from Miami - thanks to the genuine reception team - the clerk and his little helper cat Flipflops (picture attached) - both are a great face to the property. I arrived April 3, 2015, around 7pm, for a one night stay on my way to Key West, and it was very quiet there - people apparently respect each other quite time although the property was fully sold. The Room Coral was comfortable and pleasant, located first from reception in the 4 plex, with its own private entrance. A few oranges in the fridge upon arrival were a nice gesture. They even have small things like pepper and salt and some kitchen utensils. The bed was comfy. The only negative, my Room Coral was located right next to the staff's path to their maintenance facilities and there was talking (speaking Spanish I believe) loud and continuous, from about 9am until I left at around 11am - all the tranquility and charm of the evening suddenly disappeared and I felt like I was totally disregarded as they kept talking right along my stairs and my window. They woke me up and I would not be able to sleep in, if I wanted to (fortunately I had to get up and leave anyway). Continental breakfast was a nice touch and is served outside, by the water. Nice lounge chairs on the deck great for relaxing.

Room Tip: Get a more expensive "cottage" by the water for more than a day. For one day, a room in a 4 plex is just fine.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Total opposite of resort life....exactly what we were looking for. Nice, quiet oceanfront cabin, fully equipped kitchen + BBQ so we could eat in or out each night, breakfast provided every morning, free WiFi and free kayaks. Very nice & helpful staff. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed 31 August 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days in December, and we liked it so much we decided we had to come back over the summer for a longer trip. We stayed in one of the beachfront cottages, Whelk Conch, in December, and we stayed in the studio garden cottage, Baby Conch, in August. Our experience both times was absolutely wonderful. It's a really special property run by lovely people who do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible (or who will leave you alone completely if that's what you prefer). Little Conch Key is not a luxury resort, and that's what I like about it. It's well-kept and clean, but not sterile. It feels very homey and comfortable. There are some quirks in each cottage that some might find bothersome if they're used to staying in cookie-cutter hotels or very high-end resorts, but we liked the lived-in feel of the place. On our second trip this August, we noticed some improvements made on the property since December including a retaining wall that stopped one of the walkways from being flooded at high tide. This really illustrated how much work and care they put into keeping the place up. During our most recent stay, there were staff members painting things, raking up leaves, and doing other maintenance tasks every single morning. The office staff (we spoke with or met Patti, Suzanne, and Jay...and Flip Flops the cat!) are very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. This hotel offers small touches and amenities that you won't find elsewhere in the area (without a fee). The full kitchen with grilling utensils was great to have since we took advantage of the charcoal grill, for which they thoughtfully provide the charcoal and lighter fluid. The free use of kayaks was a highlight for us. We spent hours exploring around the island checking out the sea life and hopped on and off for swimming. I took advantage of the breakfast spread every morning and I loved juicing my own oranges. I would definitely recommend Little Conch Key to anyone looking for a relaxing, casual, comfortable place to stay in the middle keys. It's a short drive from the more densely packed area of Marathon, so it's a great base for activities there or for a longer day trip to Key West or the Upper Keys. Or just plant yourself on a hammock and stay close to home.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple