“Great B+B/Small hotel in the Medoc”
Review of Le Medoc de Maxou

Le Medoc de Maxou
Ranked #2 of 2 Lamarque B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Well positioned for visiting the Medoc area this little hotel/B+B was a great spot to stay. The room was a very good size with a bath/shower over, there are 5 rooms in total the others have showers. The accommodation is simple, comfortable, quiet and very clean, The breakfast is included and is very good with a slightly different warm item and sweet item each day along with the usual croissant/bread/yogurt. The hosts were friendly and helpful. A kettle and mugs are provided. As mentioned by others there is a spiral staircase so be aware if you have very big bags or mobility issues. There is no air-conditioning but fans are provided. We were very comfortable indeed and enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

On my first day of vacation I became Ill from something I ate in La Rochelle. Unfortunately I had to drive to my first stop which was Le Medoc de Maxou...fortunately, when I arrived they noticed I wasn't looking right and suggested I eat something. The called a restaurant a few blocks away and told the I was coming as it was getting fairly late. After dinner I returned to my room and passed out. When I awoke I was surprised to find that I had slept for 12 hours. It was noon but the staff held breakfast for me and gave me some in formation on local wineries. The room was fresh and clean with new bathroom appliances. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2015

We called in here without a reservation and were shown to a lovely room on the top floor. It was bright, spacious and quiet with a large very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very modern and well lit. There were tea/ coffee making facilities in the room.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the spiral staircase may prove difficult for anyone with mobility issues, but we didn't find it a problem.
Breakfast was served by our charming host and even included a fried egg and freshly made crepe, a nice touch.

We also used the bicycles to tootle about the local area and visit vineyards.

Very pleasant place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Small and intimate hotel. Lamarque is beautifully situated in the Haut Medoc and it was a true pleasure to wander from this village for the day and return to a comfortable room. The rooms are small, as are the bathrooms. The circular, narrow staircase could be problematic for the disabled, large luggage or anyone travelling with children. The breakfast was very pleasant, as were our hosts.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

we found the room to be too small, and it was hard to bring up our suitcases through the tiny stairs, not very practical.
the people are friendly - they could organize more activities with chateaux, as we did not get to see any from the inside through them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlobeTrottLobster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamarque
25.9 km away
Le Pavillon de Margaux
#2 of 2 in Margaux
0.3 km away
Un Herisson Dans Mon Jardin

Been to Le Medoc de Maxou? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK