All reviews maldivian breakfast near airport walking distance airport transfer short stay male airport room was clean usd10 supermarket delay construction driver flight maldives island
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I knew I had a long trip ahead to get to The Maldives, 40hrs. This resort provided everything I needed. The hotel was within reasonable driving distance from airport. They have shuttle service. I emailed them ahead of time with my schedule and they arranged my pick up transfer (no fee). They have ample restaurant hours, I remember they did have a small break for cleaning mid day and then continued service until 11pm. So every time I woke up I was able to enjoy a meal. One downstairs, one on the rooftop and one during breakfast. They also had munchies from the minibar in case of 3:00am jetlag hunger. The food was really good at the restaurant and had a wide range of options from local, to Indian, to “international” so everyone could find something. All the paid meals were flavourful, plenty and I was very happy. Breakfast was decent, waaaay better than any English breakfast, or instamade American hotel breakfasts, with many fresh items but just didn’t compare to the paid meals I had before. I don’t know why anyone would book without a view. It was nice to have the different shades of sun and the sound of the sea every time I woke up from my recovery sleep. Didn’t use the AC. Loved the fresh air after all the plane recycled junk. And sure like most people who’ve reviewed this hotel I did a liveaboard. However, if I am to return to Maldives I’m sure this is my jetlag recovery hotel to go to for a night since I won’t be tempted to go out exploring or feel I’m missing out on something. The bed and pillows were amazing, super clean and super people working on the hotel, always smiling and doing their best.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank sebsreichel
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a night, while waiting to be transferred to a ship for a liveaboard diving trip. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, with one of them even bringing me out of the hotel to show me a good place to eat when I asked. They change USD to Maldivian Rufiyaah at bank rate too – do this before walking around in the streets, as USD isn’t accepted anywhere on Hulhumale. The only downside is the location; Hulhumale is pretty much a dump, a lot still under construction, the beach is pretty filthy, it’s a really long walk to the other “attractions” like the market, shopping centre, park, etc. There is a supermarket close by though, but again, change Maldivian money in advance.

Overall, would highly recommend for short stay, especially since it’s so affordable.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank glennng994
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We stayed one night. Room was clean and staff very friendly. Good value considering how expensive everything in the Maldives is. Hotel has an elevator which is great for those who are less mobile as not all hotels in Hulhumale have it. The included breakfast was OK. Compulsory return airport transfer service at USD10 per person. Short walk to the beach. Shops and eateries nearby. Surrounding area has a lot of construction going on. Good enough for a night's stay before one's onward transfer.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Strabo
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This hotel is near airport with easy access to beach and nearby restaurants. We had sea view room, so couldn't complain much even though it was not spacious. If you cross the street, you reach the beach (where you cannot wear bikini).

Room Tip: Good view and easy access
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

The staff and boss there very friendly and helpful. They provide us lots of useful information. We love the breakfast too. Taste good, esp the tuna with chapatti, love it so much. Within walking distance got a convenience store called Redwave, you can buy anything you need from there. The water there also sell cheap. Definitely will come back again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple