“Disappointed by staff”
Review of Fuana Inn

Fuana Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hulhumale
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We were disappointed by all employees of this hotel. All of them were missing the basic rules of hospitality culture. We paid two days before via booking.com. We were accommodated, had a shower. After that, phone was ringing, at the same time somebody was louldy knocking on the door. When I opened, one employee ordered me to come down immediatelly, was talking like he wants to move us out. We reached reception and were told our room hasnt been paid. They had all our credit card details, we had to sign anyway at almost midnight. Unfortunatelly his eftpos didnt accept our card which we use all over the world. He sent us to 5 mins walking ATM to withdraw money.
They promised us morning wake up call as we needed to catch a plane to Kuredu Island.No wake up call in the morning! At this stage I was really getting upset. Fortunatelly we set up our own alarm clock. I calmely said to receptionist thank you for wake up call, we didnt get any. No sorry or anything. Just ignored me.
Last surprise was shuttle bus. We were told to wait at reception. Shuttle bus will come for us. After 10 mins waiting another employee took one of our lugagge and without a word. After our questioning him we got to know we were going to a public bus stop to get to the airport. We paid 20 USD for return shuttle to the hotel. One way took around 10 mins.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maldives001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fuana Inn

Reviewed 16 March 2011

If you need to stay near the airport whatever you do don't go to Fuana Inn. Amazingly it is in the ghetto of the Maldives. Terribly dirty, unhelpful staff, noisey, just about everything you would not want is at this hotel. Be warned.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LocalTouristAdviser
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Rom: My single room was tiny and overlooking the back yard/city. The bed was good. The AC worked perfectly and was quiet. The room was clean. Wireless Internet access was free, but a little slow.

Hotel: Ok.

Staff: Polite, but I didn’t need anything so I don’t know if they are helpful or not.

Restaurant: Barley café standard. Breakfast was a glass of juice, to pieces of fruit, one fried egg, fore pieces of toast and jam. Only open for breakfast.

Beach: 10 meters to the beach. Free sunbeds. Almost no other people. Shallow water. Dead coral reef, so not much to see.

Area: It’s a local area. Not many tourists. There are some shops, some restaurants and some cafes. There is a diving center, really close. They have daily dive trips whit boat. I paid 100 USD for 2 dives, equipment and free water. There is a ferry to Male (capital). It cost 0.5 USD and was a 15 minutes trip. There is no alcohol on the island.

Total: This is not paradise, but as a solo traveler it was really ok. I paid 75 USD pr. night including breakfast. I’m satisfied :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Skambankt
Reviewed 19 January 2011

By reading the reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor you would think that this is a great value option for a quick stop over in Hulhumale before you take off to your resort or cruise around the beautiful Maldives.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE

We were not met at the airport by a rep of the hotel, as we were advised by email. I went to the information desk and they were kind enough to call Fuana Inn. A rep arrived soon after and greeted us. We then waited over an hour for more guests to arrive on different flights before he bundled 7 of us in a very old delivery van which legally should have only seated 5 and sent us on our way to the Inn. We paid $6 USD for this privelage, for a 10 minute journey.

Upon arrival at the Inn everyone in the van was seated in the reception area of the hotel and instructed to fill out government arrival cards in such a way that the owner must have thought no one could read or write or had travelled before.

After another half an hour or so we headed up to our room which was tiny. The furnishings are worn and cheap and the bathroom is disgusting. Two bottles of water were provided but these bottles had been refilled as the seals were broken and the lid on of the bottles was cracked. Nice.

Breakfast the next morning on the rooftop was almost unedible and an entirely awkard experience. We were happy to get in a taxi and out of there at 8am.

This hotel represents incredibly poor value for money and I will not recommend it to anyone.

Some photos will follow.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelliingaussie
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This hotel offers simple accommodations, the rooms are fairly clean, the A/C working properly and the small balcony overlooking the ocean is very cosy. I was surprised to find a hotel representative with my name tag on it at the airport despite the fact that I did not request an airport pick-up. The Hotel manager Zaid was very friendly and assisted me with all my requests and even gave me tips on where to go and what to see. The beach infront of the hotel is breathtaking, but the only catch is that drinking is not allowed by law. Also, women are not allowed to wear Bikinis on the beach!. But I do recommend this hotel strongly if you are on a tight budget in that grossly inflated island when it comes to hotel rates that normally starts at USD240 (at least)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hulhumale
0.1 km away
Airport Beach Hotel
#4 of 11 in Hulhumale
3.7 km away
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island

Been to Fuana Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK