“Ma, Ma”

Ma Ruby's Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Ma Ruby, just love it. Visited there actually on another trip but truly an awesome place to stop in. I love the gumbo smash and the laugher from the boys. Harbor Island is a great place and Ma's is a good place to stop in.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Island charm at its best!!! A slice of paradise! I highly recommend you stay at Tingum Village and eat at Ma Ruby's for a cultural and relaxing island experience. Beautiful, clean, comfortable spacious villas with privacy and patios. Island culture!!! You will feel like you are at home and Ma Ruby's family will welcome you like you are family! I came back after 25 years to Tingum Village to enjoy the charm of the islands with my daughter! Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner Mike, the chef at Ma Ruby's creates delicious, ethnic dishes that will you will remember and wish you were back on the island! Sit back your island home, enjoy wonderful conversation, exotic fruits, delicious meals, cold drinks! I wish I was there right now!!!

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We went in this place because suggested by the lonely planet guide and as usually the lonely planet suggests correctly. We had two cheese burger and French fries. Kalik and fruit punch were the right beverages for our dinner. The place is comfortable and the owner was very nice with suggestions for our travel.
No words for the burger. It was excellent. Go in this restaurant and you will be satisfied.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Back on Harbour Island and always stay with Juanita at Tingum Village. Today had a deliciious breakfast prepared by my favorite chef Mike.

We love this place, thus the reason we keep coming back. The folks are so friendly, very low key hotel, wonderful island flare, bar is on the 'honor system' so no one watching over your back. They just make you feel like part of the family.

We always have a wonderful time.

At a minimum try Mike's cheeseburgers, made on bahamian bread.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

My wife and I went there two times while on vacation. There are very friendly and the food is always good. I felt it was a bit overpriced but we enjoy going there. We have been to the island a couple of times and always make a point to go to ma's at least once or twice. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.