I love trip advisor and always use this site whenever I'm traveling. I feel compel to share honest opinions with fellow travelers, as others have done. There is much to say about the Marbela Beach Resort. I'll start by saying this place is exceedingly disappointing. We actually believed the resort would equal the pictures on the resort website. No such luck. The rooms are ridiculously small in size and claustrophobic! The bathroom... a disaster. Water everywhere once the shower was on. Careful not to slip and smash your head on the floor. Not enough towels. Child appropriate toilet paper...miniscule. Trance music non stop, starting 1st thing in the morning...all day-night long. Nice attempt at landscaping but failed miserably. They should take note of Idle Awhile lush coconut and palm filled (serene) landscape on Negril Beach, in Jamaica. That's how it's done.
We never ate a meal at the restaurant but the pizza was good for snack on the beach.
We ate dinner and breakfast everyday at La Plage down the beach. Excellent. The French really know a thing or two about ambiance, food, beautiful people and music.
We got the feeling that the owners didn't gave a hoot about this place or were over their heads or were busily trying to scrounge up investors. They were never around nor had they left a manager in charge. Everyone seemed lackadaisical. They couldn't care less and why should they?
We had prepaid for our room so we couldn't bail without losing a substantial amount of money. $400 per day in high season. We were grossly dissatisfied with the 'resort' and service but made the best of the situation by avoiding the hotel as much as possible. I would never, ever recommend this place. Be forewarned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marbela Beach is exclusive beachside Goan getaway located on Morjim beach, North Goa. Set in a spectacular, tranquil location on the beach and offering uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea, Marbela Beach sets the mood for an unforgettable holiday. A relatively new boutique resort with a strictly limited number of guests, there is an emphasis on the individual, with the helpful, professional staff having the attitude that anything is possible, from sunset picnics, surf classes, boat rides, parties or just relaxing on the beach with a Marbela cocktail. Complete with a relaxing Spa and fantastic restaurant, there is an array of things to do, both in the resort and the Morjim/Ashwem area. Relax, rejuvenate and take in the warmth, beauty and paradise that the magical Goa has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra so you can book your Marbela Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marbela Beach Hotel Morjim
- Marbela Beach Resort Goa/Morjim