1,779 results
All reviews ayung river pool villa birds nest duplex villa our honeymoon river front private pool butler service la view restaurant personal butler romantic dinner mango golf cart every hour spent nights white water rafting afternoon tea amazing place
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in a river view villa for 3 nights. The hotel, the villa, the spa and the personnel are very good.
The private pool in the villa is a bit small compared to other hotel, but it is enough to refresh after a day around. I would not stay one day only at the villa (like you could
so in other resort).
The room itself is beautiful, a lot of space and a big bathtub! Mini bar was complementary (several soft drinks as coke, sprite, water, etc); also 2x cocktails /day (we were 2 people) and tea time in the afternoon (4-6pm) in the small bar close to la view restaurant and gin/vodka/whiskey and some nuts in the room as well.
Complementary shuttle transfer to/from Ubud center

We just saw the common pool; it is nice but nothing special.

We always had dinner in the room, and breakfast at the la view restaurant.
The food is good but not “wow”, but you have a good choice of Asian and western dishes.
The breakfast is ok. Compared to other hotel were we stayed, here you have a little bit less options.

All the personnel is very nice and kind.

Overall a good experience

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrabelTravel
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TrabelTravel,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. I would like to say thank you very much for your constructive comment.

I do hope that you may consider revisiting Kupu Kupu Barong again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. Once again, thank you for your constructive and gracious remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, I remain at your service

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We were a party of 9 and stayed at Kupu Kupu for 4 days in August. Nice room, beautiful views and great service. For one night a couple from our group had the villa looking the valley and ayung river. This was a gorgeous room. The rest of the time we stayed at the rooms with the pool views, and these were gorgeous. They offer butler and buggy service for the rooms. Restaurant and bar has gorgeous view of the valley.
The food was delicious and the service is exceptional. I hope to come back again

Room Tip: Ayung river villa rooms are the best
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Preeta A,

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We had our last night's dinner here on the infinity pool, under the canopy. It was beyond romantic, and the food was amazing. The service was so good and so friendly to us, we loved the candles and rose petals all around. It was the most private dinner we have ever had. I loved the wine pairing and the final dessert was creative and spectacular!
-Alli & Wyatt
August 2018
Seattle, WA , U.S.A.

Room Tip: Wine pairing, and chocolate flower dessert
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alli A
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Alli A,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your infinity pool dinner and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

the hotel room was very very nice
the staff is super friednly and helped me with everything starting from guiding me about what to do in Bali and what not to
They planned out my scuba diving for me and also

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank RahilG11

Dear Rahil G,

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Our 3 nights stay was very bad. Villa was not clean. Spiders were everywhere. We had daily visits from cockroaches and worms. Bed sheets were not being changed. Restaurant staff lacks basic knowledge of customer management.
The hotel is completely overrated.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Amgad M
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Amgad M,

Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our Resort for your stay in Ubud.

I am sad and sorry to read your review regarding your stay experience at our resort.

I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our executive team concerning the cleanliness, bed sheet, insect everywhere, and the service in our restaurant so that corrective measures are taken as our utmost priority is to deliver an excellent holiday through impeccable facilities and irreproachable service. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you described.

In the meantime, once again I would like to apologize for not being able to offer you the holiday you have been dreaming of. We hope to welcome you again in our Resort in better conditions.

I would be delighted to discuss further into details the different issues you experienced and If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.