1,803 results
All reviews ayung river pool villa duplex villa birds nest twilight dinner our honeymoon river front private pool butler service la view restaurant personal butler golf cart every hour spent nights afternoon tea amazing place an amazing view white water rafting
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I visited Koh Phangan during the month of August and i decided to stay with my friend at Kupu Kupu Villas. This was the best decision possible, it's one of the nicest and relaxing hotels that i've ever stayed in. These villas are fantastic, they have high end facilities with private pool and outstanding views. The people that work there are very friendly providing an excellent service. We took a massage at l'occitane Spa inside the hotel, and it was just perfect. If you want to relax, Kupu Kupu is your place!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank alfonsogomezsempere
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Absolutely recommend staying here. The staff is extremely friendly and always making sure that you are enjoying yourself. Having a massage over looking the river was extremely relaxing and peaceful. Looking forward to staying here again!

Room tip: Don’t have one!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mcshanley522
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear mcshanley522,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.I am also happy to hear that you enjoy your spa.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Expansive and beautiful resort
Each 'block' of rooms has their own butler which is a really nice touch - they were all very helpful to me
There are pools shared between only a small number of rooms
The three restaurants (international, Indonesian and Japanese) are all excellent
All the staff are lovely and the spa is very nice
There are plenty of activities which they offer as well
Because of the location, the wi-fi is a bit hit and miss (but they do not promise to have perfect wi-fi)
I would thoroughly recommend this resort - I had a great time

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank fk10875

Dear fk10875,

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights in this beautiful resort to celebrate my wife's birthday. As one of the fisrt 5 star hotels in Ubud, Kupu Kupu Barong has shown signs of wear here and there as time goes by, but the excellence of services is not faded. From the moment we checked in till the last day we left, we were taken care of by our butlers. The birthday cake and birthday song organized by the staff on my wife's birthday was a big surprise. The stunning view over the jungle and Ayung river made us relax in our villa most of the time, while enjoying the complimentay whisky, peanuts and bottles of mineral water, which are replenished quickly. Thank you everyone at Kupu Kupu Barong for making our stay an unforgettable one.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jeffrey Y,

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Great place with an amazing view, food and staff. Ideal to rest. It's close enough of everything, town or other areas to visit. You have a shuttle that leaves you in the centre of ubud (market area) and picks you up free of charge.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple