We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights to relax a bit after travelling around the island. And it is generally amazing: spacious villas (we stayed in River Front Pool Villa), nice private pool and nice view, fantastic restaurant (we enjoyed both the breakfasts, lunch and BBQ dinner), rice fields where you can eat picnic breakfast (we did and it was one of the best breakfasts we ever had). Besides hotel staff is very kind and always eager to help.
So there isn't much I can complain about but there were still two things I didn't like.
The first one is average spa - we used it only once and found it average (not bad... but it missed something). The other is that we chose the villa with the best view over the rice fields and the river but when we arrived it turned out there is construction site by the river as the government is doing some irrigation project to expand rice fields. So while the view was still nice, I expected something better. I found it a bit unfair that the hotel didn't mention that before we arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque village of Kedewatan, Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa's inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provides the ideal home away from home for travelers. The resort, enclosed by three hectares of lush tropical gardens overlooking the spectacular Ayung River valley and the rice paddies, invites for an amazing true Balinese experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Prestigia so you can book your Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Hotel Ubud
- Kupu Barong Hotel Tree
- Kupu Kupu Barong Villas And Tree Spa Bali, Indonesia