“Amazing Place”

Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kedewatan
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Everything and Everyone was perfect. we have never sleep so peacefully as when we slept at Kupu kupu barong, the bed is very cozy and very comfortable. With the Ambient sound of nature.

The staffs are very helpful and friendly. Everyone is smiling 24/7 from our arrival to departure. The views from our room was wonderful facing the Ayung River. We were disappointed of that Ayung River have construction going on. but nothing much they can do. It is just that we were only informed during our check in. The view facing Ayung River was one of the reason that we chose this place. but nonetheless, We will come back again.

Room Tip: Make sure to bring your Two Socket Plug for your charger.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KupuKupuResorts, Manajer Umum at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Hamizan811,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you have a wonderful stay with us.
I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Through this reply, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment caused during your stay, due to river dam construction by the government. However, we still hope that you did enjoy our facilities and the other spectacular scenery from our resort during your stay.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back again whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Kadek & Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for four nights with family. We enjoyed the service and hospitality of hotel. Helped organise local tours and even helped with currency exchange. Polite and friendly place. Food options were plenty in and around hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SASHIKANT B
KupuKupuResorts, Manajer Umum at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear SASHIKANT B

I am glad to learn that you're happy with your stay with us and we're glad that you've enjoyed the hospitality and services from our resort.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We went there as a family and had pick this hotel based on their web site and overall comment ... a 5 star resort in the ubud Jungle and rice field.
Overall the quality and location is perfect and we felt the team was working to give a 5 star level of service. In regards to what we can expect from a 5 star resort in Ubud below what was disappointing :
1) when we had pour room we realize that instead of a traditional bungalow/villa it was a room located in the 1st floor a modern building. A no time during our research on the hotel there was an indication that the hotel has such building. The room was clean, spacious and confortable no problem but during our trip in Bali we were only selecting hotel to have traditional bungalow/villa accommodation type, if we have known that half of the accommodation in this hotel were "building' style we would have select another one.
2) the hotel is located 15 min from Ubud and offer free shuttle to go there, unfortunately there is not enough shuttle and it becomes a challenge to have access to this service without waiting finally we decided to keep our driver during our stay there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank francoisr783
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in The river view room. The room was spacious and outstanding views. The breakfast was good. Service of the staffs and hospitality was beyond expectation. There is free shuttle to ubud center which is ideal to explore the town.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dhileepan K

Dear Dhileepan K

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Booked a room with private swimming pool and overlooking the rice field. Great choice. The room also has a very very large bath tub. However it is a bit far from the lobby and better to arrange transport.

Service is great.

Room Tip: rice field view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear BobBobGolden,

I am glad to learn that you're happy with your stay with us and and satisfied with the room and services from our resort.

Kadek & Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kedewatan
3.9 km away
4.0 km away
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#9 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK