1,802 results
All reviews ayung river pool villa duplex villa birds nest twilight dinner our honeymoon river front private pool butler service la view restaurant personal butler golf cart every hour spent nights afternoon tea amazing place an amazing view white water rafting
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We went there as a family and had pick this hotel based on their web site and overall comment ... a 5 star resort in the ubud Jungle and rice field.
Overall the quality and location is perfect and we felt the team was working to give a 5 star level of service. In regards to what we can expect from a 5 star resort in Ubud below what was disappointing :
1) when we had pour room we realize that instead of a traditional bungalow/villa it was a room located in the 1st floor a modern building. A no time during our research on the hotel there was an indication that the hotel has such building. The room was clean, spacious and confortable no problem but during our trip in Bali we were only selecting hotel to have traditional bungalow/villa accommodation type, if we have known that half of the accommodation in this hotel were "building' style we would have select another one.
2) the hotel is located 15 min from Ubud and offer free shuttle to go there, unfortunately there is not enough shuttle and it becomes a challenge to have access to this service without waiting finally we decided to keep our driver during our stay there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank francoisr783
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in The river view room. The room was spacious and outstanding views. The breakfast was good. Service of the staffs and hospitality was beyond expectation. There is free shuttle to ubud center which is ideal to explore the town.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dhileepan K
KupuKupuResorts, Manajer Umum at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Dhileepan K
Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad to learn that you're happy with your stay with us and we're glad that you've enjoyed the hospitality and services from our resort.
I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back again whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Booked a room with private swimming pool and overlooking the rice field. Great choice. The room also has a very very large bath tub. However it is a bit far from the lobby and better to arrange transport.

Service is great.

Room tip: rice field view
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear BobBobGolden,

I am glad to learn that you're happy with your stay with us and and satisfied with the room and services from our resort.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Beautiful villa room with 5 stars service. The staff was phenomenal and extremely helpful in every regard. When we wanted food not offered they went out of their way to provide. The afternoon tea was a delight and the anemities were top notch. We came on our honeymoon and it was truly special

Room tip: Be aware that it is 20 minutes from centeral
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Izzy S

I am glad that you have a wonderful stay with us and are satisfied with our hospitality and services.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We loved how friendly and helpful the staff was. They really made the experience supreme. We enjoyed the beautiful lush surroundings and afternoon tea. Can't fault this place. We will come back again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear thobekam2013

I am glad that you have a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the spectacular view from the resort and the afternoon tea entitled from the resort.