“Sweetest group of people. Hospitality on point”

Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kedewatan
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We loved how friendly and helpful the staff was. They really made the experience supreme. We enjoyed the beautiful lush surroundings and afternoon tea. Can't fault this place. We will come back again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KupuKupuResorts, Manajer Umum at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear thobekam2013
Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you have a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the spectacular view from the resort and the afternoon tea entitled from the resort.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back again whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Kadek & Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Me and my wife were really amazed by the excellent service of the stuff working at kupu kupu barong hotel. Everyone was friendly and kind. We enjoyed our time staying at kupu kupu barong and will definately stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear georgioskontaxakis,

I am glad that you and your wife have a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Ubud as our second stop of our honeymoon after the fantastic Singapore. At first we were in a bit of a shock on our way to arrive at kupu kupu as nothing in the area looked that we are going to arrive in a nice an clean place. Fortunately once we arrived everything looked great and romantic. Unfortunately the villa that we had didn't have a great view and the pool was very small, nothing similar to the river view villa we saw in the website. The second day they moved us to another villa with a bigger pool but with at a lower level. The restaurants were ok, a bit pricey for what they offer and the quantity was small. Ce la view was the best we dined. The breakfast was very nice. The hotel had security and we always felt safe. If it wasn't for the people working at the hotel I would have given 3 stars. Sumandi but especially Sugi made our stay unique. They helped with information but also their friendly and kind attitude made us feel very comfortable. They were almost no mosquitoes in the area. From there we were able to visit monkey forest, elephant cave, holy springs and also arrange a day tour up to the Kintamani volcano.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in one of the Villas for 5 nights and what an amazing 5 nights it was! The view, the room, the staff and food was incredible. I can't fault anything at Kupu.
Situated 15/20minutes from Ubud village (also amazing).

I would recommend kupu to anyone who is looking for a relaxing stay whilst in Bali, the staff make you feel at home and they ensure that all your needs are met.
Nice variation in restaurants (Japanese, Indonesian or western).

Our butler Tamban was also brilliant. He was very helpful and organised so much for us!

5 stars from me!

1  Thank Kalloun
KupuKupuResorts, Resort Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Kalloun,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your lovely review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stayed with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. I will thahks personally to Tambun your butler who made your stayed more enjoyable.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed 4 nights of our honeymoon at Kupu Kupu Barong. We booked a deluxe pool access room and mistakenly thought we booked a pool villa. They were at full occupancy but helped us upgrade one of the nights so we could stay in the treehouse villa as we envisioned (pictures included). The deluxe room was still more than nice and spacious - just a more traditional room.

The staff, specifically the butlers, were so gracious and helpful! The property is stunning and we enjoyed the daily breakfast view! We dined there for the Indonesian night and Indian night - the food and drinks were ok but service was excellent. It was nice to not be in the heart of the city but with the shuttle, a cheap taxi or a scooter for the adventurous, access it in a few minutes! We tried all 3.

We'd absolutely recommend the spot to other honeymooners!

1  Thank CiaoDownBella

Dear CiaoDownBella,

I am glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Thank you for your nice review towards our service quality. We do try to please all palates and preferences. Furthermore, as you discovered, the resort is set inside green jungle, blessed with mesmerizing Ayung river valley view

Kadek & Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kedewatan
3.9 km away
4.0 km away
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#11 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK