“Great honeymoon spot!”

Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kedewatan
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed 4 nights of our honeymoon at Kupu Kupu Barong. We booked a deluxe pool access room and mistakenly thought we booked a pool villa. They were at full occupancy but helped us upgrade one of the nights so we could stay in the treehouse villa as we envisioned (pictures included). The deluxe room was still more than nice and spacious - just a more traditional room.

The staff, specifically the butlers, were so gracious and helpful! The property is stunning and we enjoyed the daily breakfast view! We dined there for the Indonesian night and Indian night - the food and drinks were ok but service was excellent. It was nice to not be in the heart of the city but with the shuttle, a cheap taxi or a scooter for the adventurous, access it in a few minutes! We tried all 3.

We'd absolutely recommend the spot to other honeymooners!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CiaoDownBella
KupuKupuResorts, Resort Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear CiaoDownBella,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Thank you for your nice review towards our service quality. We do try to please all palates and preferences. Furthermore, as you discovered, the resort is set inside green jungle, blessed with mesmerizing Ayung river valley view

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Kadek & Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My stay at the Kupu Kupu Barong was indescribable. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were given amazing welcome drinks and leis (so cute!). It was pretty late at night and my friends and I were exhausted, so we just went to the hotel restaurant for dinner. I wasn't expecting much but WOW! The food at this hotel is some of the best, if not the best I had in all of Ubud. The breakfast was also fantastic, and the view from the restaurant is absolutely breathtaking! All you can see is beautiful green palms all around you.. so heavenly! The rooms were also great, we upgraded to have a two story room with an indoor jacuzzi. It was gorgeous and I think it's worth it to up it up a notch because it really enhanced our experience staying in this type of room! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leila A

Dear Leila A,

I am glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests, we are very happy that you also enjoyed our food at our La View Restaurant.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Nice romantic getaway or serene retreat. The room and grounds were quite spectacular, as were the views from the villa. We felt like we were living in a village on the edge of a gorge, overlooking the Ayung river.

Breakfast was somewhat ordinary and was disappointing. We decided not to try the restaurant. There are plenty of restaurants in Ubud and the resort does provide a free shuttle every hour.

One of the reasons we booked this resort was because of the free late check out promotion to 4pm. However, when we checked in, we were advised that it was subject to availability and we had to check out at the standard 12pm. So consider this when making your plans.

Note that there is construction currently on the Ayung river, right below the resort. Quite a lot of noise during the day and it does obstruct views of the river. Staff advised us it was local government building a dam. Doesn't ruin the stay, but something to consider if you are booking in the near future.

Overall, enjoyed the stay, though nothing overwhelming to convince us not to try another resort next time in Ubud.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weLEFT

Dear weLEFT,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCTIANE.

Your feedback is most encouraging and comes much appreciated. I am pleased that our associates took good care of you and delivered friendly, helpful, efficient and attentive service. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. Concerning for day use time will not guarantee on the high season and subject to availability.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud, Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Our trip was not romantic at all as we were 3 friends just looking to have some down time and enjoy a beautiful view although this was possibly one of the most romantic places you could stay.
Our butlers were wonderful and were on hand for any need or requirement that we wanted. Our room was magical and had a great feel to it. We liked that we were in a quieter area but still had access to lots of things. We loved hearing the joy of the rafters coming down the river too. This would be a good sport to base yourself from if you wanted to do those types of activities like white water rafting, bike riding or treking as one it seemed many of the companies were based only a few hundred meters away.
We loved our time at Kupu Kupu Barong and we are definitely planning another stay there very soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different. Ours was a River Front Villa and it was spectacular!
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Alison G
KupuKupuResorts, Manajer Umum at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Alison G
Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your lovely review.

We're glad that you love your stay with us and enjoyed the activities. We're especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Please do recommend us to family and friends as well and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Heavenly experience. The staff were excellent, kind, and helpful. My short stay exceeded all my expectations and I will definitely be back when I travel to Bali again. Made my 30th birthday one I will never forget. Thanks again for the surprise birthday cake.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Zetah Y
KupuKupuResorts, Manajer Umum at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Zetah Y,

Warmest greetings from Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L'Occitane!

Happy Belated Birthday!

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us which even exceed your expectation. Your satisfaction towards our resort's hospitality is our pleasure.
Additionally I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Kadek & Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kedewatan
3.9 km away
4.0 km away
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#10 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK