We have just returned from our honeymoon spending 9 nights at the Conrad Bali in Nusa Dua, 4 nights at Kupa Kupa Barong, Ubud, and ending our trip in KL Malaysia before flying back to Dublin, Ireland.
We had booked a deluxe pool villa in Kupa Kupa Barong. Our reception on arrival was v impressive, however, once we got to our room, we realised that our "pool villa" was in fact a plunge pool!!. Conseqently, we decided to laze by the main pool when we realised that there was construction work going on adjacent to it. We had not been informed about this. Also the grass around the pool was overgrown and the pool was filthy. We complained and eventually were moved to another villa with a private pool the following day. This was the same type of room as what we had originally paid. If we wanted an upgrade we had to pay 50 USD each per night! The pool attached to our villa was also filthy and was never cleaned during our stay.
As the breakfast was v dissapointing we decided not to eat dinner there. Every morning and afternoon you were constantly being asked "what your programme is for the day"!
Ubud centre is about 4km and the free shuttle from the hotel ends at 5.20pm.
Be sure to go river rafting and use Suri Profit. They are located beside the hotel and are cheaper than the hotel's rate. They will also collect you. It is great fun and well worth it.
Kupa Kupa Barong is situated in a beautiful part of the world however that and only that is what you pay for. From our experience in travelling the world and staying in luxorius hotels, it definately does not offer the level of management, food or cleanliness expected of a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque village of Kedewatan, Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa's inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provides the ideal home away from home for travelers. The resort, enclosed by three hectares of lush tropical gardens overlooking the spectacular Ayung River valley and the rice paddies, invites for an amazing true Balinese experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Hotel Ubud
- Kupu Barong Hotel Tree
- Kupu Kupu Barong Villas And Tree Spa Bali, Indonesia