“My new addiction”

ECO-Discovery
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Grabouw
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Guided SEGWAY® Adventure Tours and Corporate Activities - experience the wonders of Technology in Nature. A totally unique and exciting fun filled adventure awaits you, your family and friends, the newly designed SEGWAY® x2 Off-Road, can go almost anywhere ! - in the forests, up the mountain trail, through the mud and across the soft sand - effortlessly !
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I recently had the privilege of starting my week against the pristine mountain backdrop of the Elgin Valley. As if that wasn't enough to realize the potential of the day, I was given the opportunity to explore this beautiful part of the Western Cape using an off-road Segway.
If, like me (well up until yesterday), you're not sure what a Segway is, think back to your last shopping mall trip, where you may have seen a security guard or two gliding around on rather strange-looking two-wheeled 'scooters'.
Very popular in shopping malls as a quick, energy efficient way to get around, Segway, world leaders in two-wheeled electric mobility, have taken their concept outdoors. The off-road version of the original Segway is optimized for outdoor use and is a completely novel, slightly adventurous way to enjoy a hike.
It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of one of these clean, green, eco-friendly machines, thanks to Craig Marshall from Eco-Discovery, which offers guided electric off-road adventures at selected locations in the Western Cape.
After only one minor mishap with my colleague - we still don't know how those wheels connected - we were off with Brian Pickering from Nature Discovery to see some of this beautiful area of Grabouw, which straddles the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
I could tell you more, but that might be spoiling it. Suffice to say I had an absolute blast and would definitely recommend it. Have a go - for just R80 you can book a demo ride with Eco-Discovery in July and August.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Four of went on a Segway tour in Elgin on a beautiful Cape winters day - more than riding a Segway in a beautiful enviroment - we learnt all about this 'Robot' called the Segway, it is really a fascinating machine with technology and off road capabilities. With Craig's excellent overview of the Segway we were off on a memorabe journey - going up hills without any effort. We stopped off at a river for lunch and were served quality fresh sandwiches.
The trip the Segway was a really wonderful first time experience - and we had wonderful scenary to enjoy
Joek Jill Finn and Anne