“On our way to holidays often used good pub food”
Review of the winford arms

the winford arms
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Dundry
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

British pub grub. A lot on the plate not top cuisine but filling and adequate for the price. Dining rooms big and always busy. Service good and not long to wait.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Was working in Avonmouth and stayed not far from this pub
Myself and a work colleague visited several times over a couple of weeks.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food is great value and all home made.
I would recommend to anyone

Jack C, Online Manager at the winford arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Hi m0ntf0rd!

It is great to hear your kind words and that you enjoyed yourself. We are lucky to have visitors from across the country passing through. So thank you for taking the time to give us this review. You are welcome back anytime you find yourself in Bristol again. Take care and all the best.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We were staying at the Dundry Inn (We don't advise this!) which doesn't serve food on a Monday and popped in to the Winsford Arms for dinner.

The Winsford Arms is very convenient to Dundry. The service was quick, the staff were pleasant and the menu reasonably extensive.

I can't remember what ale they offered (maybe Courage and Doom Bar) but I like beer and I had a lager so I can't recommend Winsford Arm for a 'pint'.

The food was OK for a pub meal. We ate in the area to the back of the pub which is a bit like a motorway service area so not a lot of character or ambiance, maybe better at the front of the pub.

So if you are looking for food then the Winsford Arms is recommended.

2  Thank BrianTJ
Reviewed 10 September 2017

My friend and I away for one night enjoyed a superb meal here! I had cottage pie and veg, my friend chose the pork loin from the specials board and when he got it I could have enjoyed that too. Very good standard of cooking and very reasonably priced. we would definitely visit again. The only negative was that there were 3 or 4 children aged I would say 7-11 running around screaming and banging doors - and in the bar area. Nobody did anything to ask them to pipe down. We chose to leave after only one drink rather than run the risk of upsetting anyone by saying anything. How British of us!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We came here for lunch with my elderly Dad as it has good access for the less mobile. The food was good, in particular the meat portions which were very generous, and the massive desserts. Veg option was peas or peas which was a bit limited but overall a friendly place and fairly priced.

Jack C, Online Manager at the winford arms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi Jo,

Thank your taking the time to review our pub. We want a pub that everyone can enjoy no matter who they are so we are glad you found it accommodating for your father something we are intent on achieving. It is nice to hear you enjoyed the food and we certainly don't want anyone leaving hungry so we know a hearty plate will achieve this. Take care and hope to see you and your father again soon, all the best