“Nicely appointed, comfortable cottage and welcoming hosts ”
Review of Amamoor Homestead

Amamoor Homestead
Ranked #2 of 2 Amamoor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Everything we needed on a hot day. Great a/c, comfortable bed and a well appointed bathroom. Now the best bit $125 a night on a weekend, unheard of. Beautiful serene surroundings with clear night skies and no light pollution to boot. With noosa just down the road and gympie 20 minutes away head out for dinner and come back here for a peaceful ending to your day exploring the Mary valley

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Words can not describe this nest of tranquillity n pice of heven. The staff are fantastic n location is a pice of heven and paradise. Well sized cabens for that retreat. Nestled in the blissful mountains of Amamoor the 360 degree views are breathtaking. Local farmers markets and activities help u relax and un wind. Wishing i could stay longer.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at amamoor homestead. The cottage we stayed in was comfortable and clean. We used the barbeque for dinner and went out for brekkie. Spent the evening looking at the stars in front of a fire. Beautiful scenery and lots of things to do around the area. Great hosts. Will go back again and take some friends. There are 3 cottages. Perfect for a group.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Having stayed in many bed & breakfasts & self contained cottages around the Sunshine coast region I was looking forward to my stay here as I had chosen it from your website information and description. For me the grounds and the setting are beautiful but it sort of stops there.

I think the biggest let down was the breakfast & service. Although you can serve a rasher of bacon and a sausage from an award winning butcher it does not mean the breakfast will automatically be of award winning standard and to only offer instant coffee with breakfast is of great disappointment.

My partner has already made a review so I will only echo his comments. However I would like to say that if we were after a resort style accommodation for our weekend away I would have booked that instead.

It is easy to lose sight of what reviews are for, they are offered to let you know the good and the not so good parts of someones stay. As owners & managers the tendency to stay as a guest at your own accommodation is something that is difficult to do when the property has no other staff. This is why reviews are important.

I am surprised you have made no reference to the other comments that my partner made and have just pointed the finger at us and to me implied we are the problem. I am sorry that you have seen it that way. I trust you take on board both our reviews and may I suggest you both stay at some other places of similar offering around the region to see what is the current standard.

To clarify on your reference to our accommodation charges, we were charged $430.00 for 2 nights stay including breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

This homestead has a long list of attributes! We stayed in one of the two comfortable rooms available within the homestead and our friends booked the other room. This meant we had the beautiful house/private verandah complete with stunning scenery and surrounding property to ourselves. Ken and Cathy are friendly, accommodating hosts providing a perfect blend of conversation and privacy. Their dog Mister, the 4 chooks and duck were delightful, amusing entertainment (they know how to work a crowd). We self catered our dinner and were provided a lovely breakfast served on the veranda by our hosts. Perfect weather conditions resulted in the four of us spending the evening gazing at the millions of stars. We all enjoyed the weekend immensely. Thankyou Ken, Cathy, Mister, the girls and ducky

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace1924
amamoorhomestead, Owner at Amamoor Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Grace, sorry for the late reply but we are very appreciative of your review. We are so glad that you all enjoyed your time here and we enjoyed having you .....especially your great taste in music. There are a few new additions with Henry the rooster and 3 other girls, so that side of things are more interesting now. Thanks again and hope you return soon.

Been to Amamoor Homestead? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK