All reviews great site great fun single room idyllic location city centre short drive non electric pitch tea and coffee making facilities main road full english outlaw triathlon nottingham activities geese ensuite fi
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I just want to say thank you to everyone at the National Watersports Centre in Nottingham for a fantastic time. I took my 3 year old daughter to stay in one of the deluxe camping pods, and for only £35, it was pure luxury. My daughter had the BEST time and loved the pod! The bed was so comfortable with super fluffy duvet, and we liked having out own padded seating area to keep out of the rain, as well as curtains to keep it private ... and electricity too!

There was also both a lovely wooden table and chairs as well as outdoor seating area for eating on. She loved the huge playground area, and the toilets were easy to access for us. It was also lovely and peaceful in the evening, despite being a weekend, so we both had a full night's sleep.

We had so much space for the 2 of us, and it was a lovely, easy walk to try out some of the activities at the site itself. We tried the kayaking as well as the Sky Times trail, and we both smiled the whole time. We also enjoyed the food at the restaurants on site, which was perfect for our little adventure. We loved every minute and she has already asked when we are going back, so we are plotting our next trip! We would definitely recommend it, so thank you to everyone and we will be back again soon!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We have been going to the campsite for a number of years, the location is lovely, the toilet facilities are good though sometimes dirty when site is quite full, overall a nice campsite.
This year we discovered that the campsite allows music to be played loudly until 10.30pm. Any sort of music from Heavy Metal to Rap to Country can be amplified and played. This I think is antisocial - if you don't agree then the campsite is good. Anyone wanting to just sit round a BBQ and have a quiet chat with friends or go to sleep as the sun goes down then this is not the campsite for you.
There are also rules on dogs being on leads and well behaved - but there is no one who actually monitors these rules and dogs also get disturbed by loud party music. I would recommend it for party group weekends away but definitely not for a quiet family weekend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank CAT333117
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the mixed reviews I was a little apprehensive about my one night here, however the room is exactly as expected. Clean, warm, and spacious enough. The bathroom similarly is absolutely fine, and the shower larger than I thought. Also I wasn’t expecting shower gel, however low and behold!

I’m writing this during the evening, and haven’t yet experienced breakfast, but for the price I’ve paid, it could be non existent and still deserve 5 stars. I’m sure it will be fine though.

Free car parking, fast Wi-fi and a reasonably comfortable bed.

By the way, the lady on reception was helpful and friendly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Basic bedrooms, reminiscent of 1980s Travelodge before they had to up their game compete with Premier Inn. No bath, harsh electric heater and minuscule TV. Okay for a one night stay but no longer.

Customer services was appalling... we booked through booking.com and wanted to make a change to our booking but their customer services department never phoned us back and Booking.com said they were impossible to contact.

Breakfast was stressy! Very long queue for a cooked breakfast which was being dished out by a young inexperienced server who was constantly running out of eggs, sausages and bacon. The chef was running backwards and forwards refilling the ‘feeding trough’ in a scene reminiscent from Paddington 2 ...

“One juicy sausage... two juicy sausages...”

We finally got a very cold breakfast after 30 minutes... piecemeal!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

A privilege to be allowed to stay at this outstanding water sport facility.
Yes the rooms are small but clean and comfortable with good ensuite
facilities. Flat screen TV Tea and coffee making facilities. Free bottled water
in the room . Excellent full English breakfast all at a very reasonable price.
To see all the water sports taking place is great makes you wish you were younger.
Takes over an hour to walk round the boating lake. Hope we can get there again.

Room Tip: very small room but clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple