“A good night's sleep”

The Stuffed Dormouse Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Caerleon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My friend and I booked two single rooms at this hotel. When we arrived our first impression was that the outside, particularly the steps, could do with a lick of paint. However, on the inside things were a lot better. My room was a single with en suite. Everything worked, I had a bath, over bath shower, wc and basin. The heating was on - it was quite cold outside. Despite facing the road I was not troubled by noise.

We ate our evening meal at the hotel. It was excellent and the choice albeit not large was broad. The meal was well prepared and delicious. Breakfast the next day was ample. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
brian a, Owner at The Stuffed Dormouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

We thank you for your kind review

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Stuffed Dormouse Hotel

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the roman lodge hotel during an exam period at Caerleon. Overall the rooms were clean and tidy with plenty of space mind i did have a double room. I noted the crampness of the bathroom but in all honesty it wasn't as bad as other reviews have stated. I must say the owners were friendly which was great especially as i was a solo traveller. Apart from the rooms getting very hot at night and some noise from the road outside i would definatly recommend this hotel and would stay there again. Great atmosphere and so quiet most of the time it was bliss.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle P
brian a, Owner at The Stuffed Dormouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Situated overlooking a minor road there was no issue with noise. I stayed in July and my room was under the eaves. There was only a small opening window and it became oppressively hot over-night. The room was small but ok - in the morning the plumbing showed several signs of needing maintenance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chainset
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I felt I may have made a mistake booking this hotel after reading the reviews, but how wrong was I! I found the hotel the be clean, comfortable and unbelievably friendly. I was staying on my own but was made to feel at home. So much so, that I will be returning again very soon. A big thank you to everyone at The Roman Lodge

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 January 2011

My girlfriend had training at St Cadocs hospital, as she lives in Caerphilly we thought it would be easier and cost us around the same in travel costs to stay at a local hotel in Caerleon.
I booked a couple of days off work as i seen it as a good time to relax when she was at training and i wasn't wrong it was just what i needed, i had a relaxing time at the hotel, the beds were comfortable the room was nice, warm and cozy.
I had easy access to the internet, and the staff were very nice and very helpful.
I don't agree at all with the negative comments i have read on here, i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank daleo4

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caerleon
1.3 km away
2.8 km away
Celtic Manor Resort
Celtic Manor Resort
#3 of 18 in Newport

Been to The Stuffed Dormouse Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK