“Positive atmosphere”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Betalbatim
Saarenkylä
“Positive atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Beleza by the beach has big and nice rooms.Bathroom is big enough.Air condition was super,especially in bathroom.After shower bathroom was soon dry.Poolarea was clean.Breakfast in the hotel was good,lot of varietes every morning.Staff was very friendy.Beach was near,only couple of minutes of walking.Beach is very clean and nice.There is some shacks on the beach where you can have a drink and eat.P.S.We were first time in this hotel and Goa, it was difficult to get information about hotel and area.There was not hotel book and no maps.Nobody told us what kind of services hotel can give us.Only some rooms has balconies and view to the pool.

Room Tip: With balcony and poolside
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katja E
B3Goa, Owner at Beleza...by the beach, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your appreciative review on our resort accommodation and the services. It is truly encouraging for us. Your feedback on the lack of information available at the front office is duly noted and we will certainly take immediate steps in keeping a map of Goa handy as well as a list of places to visit around the area. Thank you.

Hope to see you again soon at Beleza..

With best regards,

Beleza...by the beach.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Polish first
Mumbai

Dear Owner,

This feedback is very long, so just to summarise- overall, my experience at Beleza by the Beach was HORRIFYING and extremely DISAPPOINTING. I would never recommend your resort to any of my friends, especially not to those travelling with small babies. It is unbelievable, that after paying quite a lot of money, we were treated so badly by unfriendly, untrained and unprofessional front desk staff.

In detail: 6 of us including a pregnant lady plus my 3 month old daughter embarked on a journey to Goa to spend a few beautiful days at your resort with the hopes of having a brilliant experience; however who knew that the 4 days would be a living hell. Let me in a nutshell, brief you on the harrowing experience we had during our stay at Beleza by the Beach:

1. Upon booking the rooms, we requested airport transfer, early check in and late check out- all of which was confirmed via email by your manager- Nelson. However, the pick up vehicle at the railway station never turned up…..imagine waiting in the April heat with a 3 month baby and a pregnant lady!!! Finally after 30 mins we managed to get 2 autorickshaws to transport us to the hotel – a baby and a pregnant lady in an auto on a very bumpy ride to reach your hotel- not a good start. [Please note- we did call Nelson once we arrived at the railway station in Goa and he then informed us that he never recived our email and hence, had not arranged for a pick up!]

2. On arrival at your resort at around 10am, the rooms were not yet ready and we were told that we could only check in at 2pm [please note- this is despite the email from Nelson]. Bhavna- can you imagine our plight when we had to wait in your reception area in the April heat with a baby? We asked for a room since I had to breastfeed my daughter, but it took your staff so long to respond that I had to feed my daughter in your reception area. And what makes it even worse is that your front desk staff did not even have the decency to offer us a drinks/water on arrival!!!

3. The ordeal does not end here – the same day once we moved into block E, the AC in your master suite [in which our friends were staying] – room no E2 was not working and after 30 mins of waiting for it to start cooling, we informed your reception desk who promptly sent an AC repair man who tried unsuccessfully to fix the AC. Hence, we spent the night…in a room without AC, in the crazy April heat…a disaster…..

4. We then tried to watch TV and to our further dismay, we found that none of the TV's in the villa [ie. all 3 TVs] were working! We again called the reception and and it took quite a few calls for them to finally send someone to replace the set top boxes. In the time it took to do this- we missed the IPL match; the TV's finally became operational at 8pm.

5. Day 2 – the AC guy comes in again with the Head Technician and tries to repair the AC again. However, after another 30 mins wait, we still did not have a working AC and again, we informed the front desk person – Shiva, that our AC has not been functional since we checked in and so, we would not pay for an AC room; but we would pay for a standard non AC room, to which he reluctantly agreed.

6. Day 3 – Finally [or so we thought!] the AC technician solves the problem and we have a working AC. We had been out the whole day in the heat and were looking forward to a good nights sleep. It was not to be. My friends, upon entering their room and switching on the AC, after 30 mins, saw water from the AC falling on their bed and the entire wall below the AC unit was wet. They literally had to shift the entire double bed away from the wall and spend the night in a damp room.

7. Day 4 – Check out day. At 9am, I was walking towards the pool with my daughter, when someone from the reception comes up to me and in a very rude tone inquires “ What time are you checking out”, without even saying 'good morning'. I was stunned- having travelled all over the world and having stayed in numerous hotels and resorts, and having checked out late lots of time, I have never been been asked this question so rudely. The norm is to call in the guest in their room and politely remind them that check out is at 10am; not chasing them whilst they are with a baby on the way to the pool and asking so rudely. Absolutely ridiculous !!! Even more so, when we had mail confirmation from Nelson confirming a late check out [5pm], as our train back to Mumbai was not until the evening.

8. At the time of check out at 5pm, when we thought the worst was over – we were in for the rudest shock of our entire trip – this was the last thing I would expect from any resort. We were in the process of going through the bill at the front desk, which was being manned by the most ill mannered , unfriendly, unconcerned and mannerless – Shiva. The following events, detailed below, demonstrates that your front office staff is not only untrained, but also unprofessional, rude and ill mannered:

a. Our total bill was close to INR 40,000. Firstly, despite Shiva confirming to us on Day 2 that we would not be changed for an AC room for 1 of the rooms [since the AC was not working], our bill was based on 3 AC rooms for 3 nights. When my husband questioned Shiva as to why we were being charged for an AC room when the AC was not working, Shiva put his finger to his lips and said 'Ssshhh' and then 'please stop talking, my brain in being disturbed' to my husband. Wow- the sheer audacity of his behaviou rendered me speechless for a moment!

For us, this really was the last straw. We then asked for Nelson [the Manager], who was on sick leave.

b. We then asked to see the Nelson’s manager. After 10 mins of your staff whispering to each other, walking in an out of the office, finally a gentleman called Rocky appeared. Rocky listened while I outlined the various issues we had experienced at your hotel. I explained that were not asking for a discount, but felt that it was unfair for us to be charged for an AC room, when the AC was not working. I am sure you can understand my dismay, when after everything, Rocky came back and said “ we should have not brought this up last minute and so, there is nothing I can do now”. This is despite us telling him that we had actually raised the AC issue on Day 1. Rocky refused to listen any further….and kept repeating that there was nothing he could do.

c. By this point, we were so annoyed that we just decided to pay the full amount and leave [by now, we had been at the reception trying to solve this for 1.5 hrs and we had a train to catch!], hoping that ordeal was finally over. Wishful thinking! Next- your swipe card machines at both the front desk and your office were not working. And you don't accept American Express (AMEX) Credit card. The online transfer was done via the PC in your office, looked over by Rocky, and even providing him with the transfer receipt. However, the sheer incompetence, stupidity and lack of training of your staff was further evidenced- your staff refused to let us go until the money was transferred into the hotel bank account. Surely everyone knows that net banking transfers are not immediate and can take up to 3 working days; this is why one is sent a receipt! Furthermore, in net banking, the person paying enters a reference when doing the transfer so he/she knows what the transfer is for. In this case, my friend entered 'Beleza' as his reference when he paid the bill via net banking. Your staff, with an obvious lack of understanding, told my friend that he needed to the transfer again, as the account was not in the name of 'Beleza'. They kept insisting- despite us explaining to them that the name was for our reference, not theirs, and showing them the account number to which the funds had been transferred- which they verified as correct!

And here comes the ultimate insult: your staff then asked for a copy of my friends AMEX card as a security deposit- thereby implying that they thought that the payment had not been made and that we would run off without paying.

By now we were running very late, so we picked up our luggage, put it in the van and left. In the interest of fairness- please note, this time, your staff did provide us with a van to take us to the train station!

e. What happened next is shocking! Your friend office staff called up security at your main entrance and asked him to lock the main gates so our vehicle could not leave the premises; unbelievable, as we had settled the bill in full via net banking and given your staff a receipt. We got out of the vehicle and opened the gate ourselves….

9. And in all this- where was Nelson the Manager? Nelson- who denied having received our emails etc and was away on the day or arrival and departure, but was apparently present at the hotel on the 2 days in between. Yet- had no courtesy to come and meet us etc (in a resort of this size- the manager should make a effort to meet all guests, particularly when he knew that we were already unhappy due to lack of airport transfer and early check in). Does Nelson the Manger really exist??? Or is he a 'virtual' manager who can selectively receive emails, selectively meet guests and selectively take phone calls or solve guest issues??

The only saving grace at Beleza by the Beach was the beautiful villa, the gorgeous swimming pool and the sweetest kitchen and spa staff I have met ..kudos to Glen, Roy, Sunil, Bikash, Kevin, Rubina and Farana, who at least ensured that our dining and spa experiences were enjoyable.

Your front office staff, especially Shiva and Rocky need to get some formal training on how to behave and treat guest without being rude, mannerless, unprofessional.

People come to Goa to wind down, relax and enjoy…our experience at your hotel, left us feeling stressed and exhausted! A friend had recommended your hotel and we had selected it over others, as the 'virtual' Nelson has assured us airport transfers, early check in and late check put….essential when travelling with a 3month baby.

Just to add- I also own a resort in Bali and so understand the workings of a hotel, the pressure on the front office staff and the importance of staff training, manners, the need for professionalism and courtesy to hotel guests very well. Word of mouth and personal recommendations are key to the success of all hotels. Hence, please look at this, not as a complaint but as constructive criticism so that going forward at least other guests at your resort are not inconvenienced / treated so badly.

Please also note- we did ask to speak to the Owner, whilst we were there and also asked for your email address and / or cell number. But your staff refused to give us your contact details. As a result, this note is addressed to you via Trip Advisor / Facebook.

Your harrowed guests.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
18 Thank KRS1398
B3Goa, Owner at Beleza...by the beach, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear guests

It leaves me immensely perplexed and troubled to read your constructive criticism/ feedback on our resort and our staff. I am humbled by the previous "excellent" and "very good" reviews by contributors on TripAdvisor. We have a competent and pleasing front office team as experienced by more than 80% of the contributors on tripAdvisor. They are polite and careful with their behaviour with our guests. At times when our guests misbehave or speak loudly, using angry and rude hand gestures (of which we have footage through our CCTV recordings) we are forced to act in a certain manner.

All e-mails are saved on our server. I have access to the emails and I have not come across any e-mail confirmation regarding your drop and pick-up or early check-in late check-out, due to which I am unable to take any action against staff at my end. Request you to kindly forward me the e-mail you may have sent to Nelson to the following address: belezagoa@gmail.com so that your valuable feedback can be put to use instantly.

We have a check-in time of 2 PM and check out is at 10 AM. Since our check out time is at 10 AM and your arrival at Beleza was also at 10 AM, we required some time to get your rooms ready. This is a very normal case at all hotels and resorts around the world, as you may be aware already as you are a part of this industry. We had thus requested you to proceed for breakfast before taking you to your Villa, while your rooms were getting ready for you. As soon as you were done with breakfast, you were escorted to your respective rooms. We had no other vacant rooms except for the ones that were getting ready for you and your friends. We could not have promised any early check-in via e-mail as we knew we had a full house. If you have any e-mail confirming the same, kindly send it to me at belezagoa@gmail.com as our server seemed to have missed this one!

Our air-conditioning engineer did fix the issue with the AC, and we did not receive another call from your end that night regarding the AC not functioning. We have an engineer on site who would have been happy to get it functional yet again for your good night's rest in the April heat.

As for the TVs, the issue was well solved. It is unfortunate that due to the time lag, you had to miss the IPL game, my sincere apologies for the same.

The next day all ACs of the 3 rooms were checked and cleaned again and were working fine as per our records. Shiva cannot agree to any price for a standard non-AC room as we do not have any such rooms on offer at our Resort. There has been some mis-communication during your stay. The water drips from the AC due to a function of the temperature at which you set it and the extreme outside heat. This issue was rectified. We have had several guests use the same rooms after you and your friends, and have not heard of any complaints regarding the same even after we personally checked with them regarding the functioning of the AC.

We had used the credit card machine for other guests on the same day before and after your departure time and it worked fine- it so seems that at that very instant, the connection was bad or there was some problem with your cards. Thanks for making the transfer online. We will undertake the training as suggested by you.

It makes me very unhappy that we were unable to please you and your friends, especially when you are a fellow hotelier. Nelson has been around through out the days of your stay except on the day of your departure and has also met with some of your friends who were sharing the Villa with you.

It is upsetting for me and my staff at Beleza to read such reviews posted by you and your friends on this forum about our resort as we stretched ourselves to make your stay comfortable, and had to end up with some trouble when it came to the final settlement of your financial dues to us.

It is our endeavor to provide a seamless and comfortable stay for all guests staying at Beleza. Please feel free to get in touch with me at Belezagoa@gmail.com if you feel the need to discuss this further.

Regards,

Beleza…by the beach, Goa
Hyderabad
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed there for a week in Nov 2011. The place is speacial for us, beach front hotel, beautiful beach and the private shack by the beach makes it conveninent for us. The resort has a good landscaping and very tranquil all over the resort area.
The rooms/Villas are a great experience and the food is good, however the challenge is that the menu is limited. We managed our dining at a nearby shack called - Mickeys - truly memorable experience, its right at the beach and the food and service both are excellent.
Overall had a great vacation and would be back for sure.

Room Tip: Villa by the pool is a good value add
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Siddharth1978
B3Goa, Owner at Beleza...by the beach, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Siddharth

Thank you for your kind review. It is truly encouraging to read your positive views on our resort. Your feedback on our menu is noted and we will certainly give our menu attention in the coming season.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Team @ Beleza...by the beach, Goa
Lagos
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Beleza by the beach was one of the places ever I have stayed in Goa . I have been to goa on and off for the last 10 years and have stayed in a variety of hotels including the luxury hotels - but this place has a wonderful charm . It basically consists of villas and individual rooms are given out . The rooms are spacious . The bathrooms are good sized and tastefully done . Some rooms have a balcony and some dont . We had a lovely room with a nice balcony facing the pool . The pool is clean . .And the beach is just a 2 min walk . The staff is courteous ..At no point in time did they refuse us for anything at all . There is this lovely beach shack close to the entrance which gives us an excellent view of the sunset . We ordered for some snacks and at the spur of the moment decided to go to the shack . The staff very graciously made sure our food was transported there and created a perfect ambience
I am very glad that i stayed in this place and would love to come back . I booked this place based on the reviews in Trip advisor and mainly because we wanted to stay in the South . And I am glad i did that . Cos we had one of the best holidays ever . We travelled with my 2.5 year old daughter and the hotel was a lovely first experience of goa which she still remembers .

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with balconies and preferably pool facing . They are all at the same price .
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank luv2_travel7559
B3Goa, Owner at Beleza...by the beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for the valuable review you have written on our resort. We are glad that your trip to Goa was one of your best holidays. We hope to have you and your family as our guests again soon!!

Thank you !

Best regards

Team @ Beleza...by the beach, Goa
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at Beleza with my husband for 4N / 5D. It was the best part of our trip.

The resort is beautiful with spacious rooms. The facility is well maintained. Swimming pool was clean and gym functioning. The property has a spa in place, which we didnt get a chance to explore.

We did not have lunch / dinner at the restuarant but the breakfast spread was good. We, however, did eat desserts one night and were utterly disappointed by the choices and the taste.

The staff is friendly and prompt.The resort helps you to book a two wheeler too and thats how we got our ride for the 5 most amazing days of this year.

Location is perfect if you want to spend quiet time with your spouse. The beach is well connected by a pathway and is accessible even at odd hours. Its the place to be if you want a peaceful time (definitely not for people looking for clubbing, etc.).

We are hoping to be back in August and would be visiting Beleza only.

Hope Beleza maintains its fabulous standard and doesnt not become just another resort.

PS: Just one small suggestion - It would be really helpful if you keep Goa tourist map handy at the reception.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
B3Goa, Owner at Beleza...by the beach, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Ashi_nr

Thank you for your valuable feedback and kind review.

Your suggestion regarding the availability of a handy tourist map at the reception is noted and would be implemented.

We will also add some variety to our desserts and also check on why the taste was not appealing.

Look forward to your visit in August!!

Thank you.

Beleza...by the beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Betalbatim
5.4 km away
29.3 km away
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa
27.9 km away
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa

Been to Beleza...by the beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK