“Beautiful, cosy cottage with lovely views”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Bedroom
Living Room
Off Road Parking
Views
Stunning Peak District scenary
You never know what you will see on your walk!
The cottage is not far from Chatsworth House
Deer can be seen in the grounds of Chatsworth House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
chris2424...
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, cosy cottage with lovely views”
Reviewed 8 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We had a fantastic stay. Communication with owner couldn't have been better. It was cold and wet outside, but that didn't stop us getting out and exploring the amazing countryside. Inside it was warm and cosy and equipped with everything we needed. We felt very much at home. Would definitely go back.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Chislehur...
“Everything you need and more”
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Lovely little cottage with everything you need and more. Very clean and tidy. The owners obviously are proud of their asset. Met the neighbours who were lovely and helpful. Wish we could have stayed longer but that's for next time.

Mitch W
“The Perfect Weekend”
Reviewed 2 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The cottage is a delight to stay in for a weekend, in the beautiful little village of Eyam. I recommend that if snow is forecast, then take a sledge! Some fun could definitely become of it. The cottage is very well equipped with all the local attractions, maps and guides for walks, also with a good selection of DVD's and games if you want a quiet day. The village itself has lots to do in it relative for its size, with a museum, several shops and a very nice little tearoom.
Hugely recommended,
Mitch

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful area.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jenny A
M'Hamid, Morocco
“Happy New Year at Silk Cottage”
Reviewed 2 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This was a wonderful little place to stay. The cottage is clean and cosy with beautiful walks on the doorstep. All contact was excellent before arrival and it felt like home from home. Thanks !

rosalind...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Met my expectations from the description and photo;s as advertised.”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

This is a holiday cottage that has obviously been enjoyed by many now over a number of years, and quite a few re visit, so that speaks for it's self. For those who are looking for a cosy bolt hole to return to following days out exploring the superb local area it meets the requirement.
Well stocked with walking books and the history of the area plus general reading matter and entertainment. An excellent DVD selection.

Some people have been surprised by there being traffic noise, note, this cottage is on the road but as someone who doesn't hear traffic noise at home it did not disturb me at all. And yes the car parking is tight but was quite manageable with my Renalt Clio. The postman kindly watched and waved me out on the day I left, which was the only day I moved the car as there are plenty of walks to do without using it, which is exactly what I wanted to do.

I enjoyed the experience of the spa bath after a day out walking in the rain, word of warning though, do not put the radox in whilst running the bath!! How I laughed as i disappeared in a bubble cloud.

The cottage seem's to be well equipped in the kitchen area regarding pot's, cutlery etc. I was only there for 4 nights so did not use the oven or washing machine just the hob, which was fine and I appreciated the clothes horse under the stairs to dry off after a rainy day out.

I could not get the TV to work, It kept telling me there was no digital signal, but who need a TV on hols any way and as I said the DVD selection was great as was the CD player.
The views from upstairs are just lovely and the bed really comfy. The heating system very efficient.

The only reason I have not given excellent, and I am being very picky here, is that like any home things can start to get a bit tired after a number of years, and possibly in need of a freshen up in the kitchen, bathroom area. This would not stop me revisiting, as I said I am being picky.

The bottle of wine was a lovely touch, and thank you for sharing this little gem.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
23 Oct 2014
The guest did speak to me about the TV, but advised it was not a problem. I visited the cottage the day that the guest departed, and by following the instructions that are with the TV immediately got it to work. I think maybe there was confusion over which remote is for the TV and which is for the DVD, as they are the same make. I will clearly mark them.

I am disappointed to hear that the guest felt the kitchen/bathroom are looking tired - this is the first time that a guest has felt this way. We do regularly check everything (for example, we replaced a lot of the crockery during the past couple of months, and replaced the toilet seat as it was getting to 'tired'. We also painted the kitchen and lounge just last year. We will review this over the Winter months, and look to see what we can do to freshen things up further.

With regard to the parking space, we park a Toyota Rav4 in the space, it is just a case of getting used to the approach. However, it is safe to leave the car parked over the road, as I do quite often.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing