“Peaceful place, warm hospitality.”
Review of Blue and White

Blue and White
Ranked #15 of 20 Agia Anna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Good value for money. You'll walk to Agia Anna in 5 minutes. Hotel is very quiet and peaceful, no noises from anywhere. Ask for room no. 10, lovely view! I had an excellent sleep. Lovely lady, Katerina will take a good care of you!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Maybe it's a sign of the hard times that Greece is going through and Naxos is more dependent on Greek business than some of the more easily accessible islands, but this was ridiculously cheap!The rooms are typically Greek, small but had everything we needed - bed, bathroom, kitchenette and air conditioning (at no extra cost). Maria and her husband are delightful - we even sampled prickly pears without having to peel them ourselves!. I had asked for a room with twin beds which Maria seemed to have forgotten about, so the first night my friend and i had to share a double. However Maria provided us with separate bed sheets which we were quite happy with. Aghia Anna is a pleasant enough seaside resort - not too big, a good beach, but lacking character. There is an unofficial nudist bathing area further along the beach towards Aghios Prokopios and some salt pans along the way which have interesting birdlife. Naxos island is worthy of exploration, away from the beach resorts, with some good walks to be had. View to the Blue is a good place to be based with a regular bus service into town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank fromliverpool
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This place offers good value for the money, compared with many other places that charge the same amount. Easy access to the beach ( "View to the" blue is situated approx 4-5 min in walking distance from the beach), supermarket(s), car rental and restaurants. From Agia Ana there is a bus going to Naxos Town every half hour.

The only negative thing to say, where that the owners where very fussy to get us out on departure day (before check out time). Obviously because they wanted to clean the room for new arrived guests. This was annoying and unreasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I really liked the island Naxos but I think we could have found a place to stay closer to the beach which would really have been preference. I seem to remember there were less hotels that I found online/Tripadvisor than there actually were on the long stretch of beaches on Naxos' west coast. Perhaps they are available on Greek/european wesbites but I couldn't find much budget options from here.

I was aware we would be a 200m walk from the beach, but I think this is a lot longer than i would have liked to walk in summer! Once you get to the beach, it is pretty busy with lots of restaurant options, car rental, supermarkets - so a nice area to be in.

Anyhow I can't deny the warmth and friendliness of the owners, they were very welcoming and were expecting us the whole afternoon because our ferry had been delayed from Mykonos.
I felt the room was a little dusty and there isn't really a panoramic 180 view to the blue, which I was hoping for, because it's blocked by another guesthouse/b&b in front.
Note that they do not provide breakfast here at all.
It was great that the room was very spacious, had a well located A/C not blasting at you. Good shower pressure. Decent wifi signal. Bedside plugs.
I felt the mosquito nets were a bit of a pain to sleep in, and the bed was not the most comfortable. The room we got had a sofa bed so might be good for a family of 4.

We stayed for 2N and didn't pay much for this room in peak season so I guess it's reflective of the price. I would love to return to Naxos but would try someplace different right on the beach the next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

What this means, most hotels aren't on trip advisor or booking.com or any of the online resources. One lovely little bakery shop owner was convincedI was trying to ruin him when I urged him to get listed on trip advisor.

The point is, what you find online might not be reality.

As for this hotel it's set back from the water and nearby agia anna. Both are easily accessible by car our moped. I wouldn't suggest relying on taxies as there are limited. We haven't seen any public buses out this way ether. You could reach both these spots via a 5~10 minute walk but as all you Greece pros know....the sun can easily beat you down in that amount of time (July). It's not the ambient temperature that's bad. It's this haze of water vapor in the air that magnifies the sun 10 times over. You could be slightly chilled in the shade and boiling in direct sunlight. It's an odd place for weather.

Back to the hotel. The building it's self is very pretty and Greek. The location is less than glamorous. The view to the sea is hampered by an other small bed and breakfast. Though for the money (though we didn't shop around so we don't know the true value for the buck) it's pretty amazing.

The room is large, the AC is weak and takes hours to cool the room. The bed we got was not very comfortable and the pillows were hard hard hard! Also this isn't a bed and breakfast. It's a small hotel. The owners were very nice and were always willing to give good advice.

We liked our stay and would suggest this place to anyone looking for an easy budget stay. We suspect the hotels right on the water (all of them seem to be mini hotels) are about the same price though we can't confirm this. We did find a 2012 travelers choice winning hotel right on thewater for 60e a night (his special price for us, normally 95e a night).

I would highly suggest this part of the island if your looking to avoid the drunk crowds and loud music. We loved it here.

• Stayed: July 2012