“Positive return to Gaucho”
Review of Gaucho - Richmond

Gaucho - Richmond
Ranked #38 of 313 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 56 - US$ 98
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Richmond
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Late last year, we had a very disappointing meal at Gaucho Piccadilly, with which the Management responded to and dealt with promptly and professionally when I wrote a review here on TripAdvisor. The Management called me personally within 24hours of my review being posted and asked me to talk them through the experience we had. My complaints were listened to and I feel the apology I was offered was sincere.
I was offered a discount on a return visit, and when I explained I wasn't local, the discount was offered should I wish to go to any of the Gaucho restaurants.
Last Friday, friends and I went to the Gaucho Richmond.
I want to express my great satisfaction with the ambience, the service and the food that we had. The overall experience, although being atmospherically different to Gaucho Piccadilly certainly maintained the standards and expectations that I had and hoped for with any Gaucho.
Despite part of the group being later due to train issues, we had impeccable service, not too overbearing which had been my worry, given the reason for the visit, however very attentive.
The steaks and sides were excellent.
All in all a great afternoon was had by all and appreciated the discounted bill, to encourage us back to Gaucho.
I do frequent CAU often in Bristol and would attempt Gaucho Piccadilly again, although only via making the booking on a call or email to specify some requirements so as not to have some of the same issues from the previous visit reoccur.
Thank you to the Gaucho Management for contacting me after my initial visit, and then the opportunity to try the Gaucho Richmond.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here for a weekday lunch so it was nice and quiet. The service was really really good. All staff were friendly and helpful esp our waiter (sorry I forgot his name now but said he was originally from Venezuala) who was lovely. Food was excellent. Really great meal. I would say the tables are a bit too small, that is my only minor criticism, they seem to be cramming a lot of tables into the place, though on this occasion it didn't impact on our enjoyment as there weren't many ppl in. Great location too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great time here for Sunday lunch. Love the atmosphere of the place and the staff were as friendly and helpful as ever. Great food, wine and we had a lovely view of the riverside from the table.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

beautiful food, treat yourself once in a while. fantastic atmosphere for couples really. best steak you will ever eat.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Probably wasn’t the best first impression with packed in tables and screaming babies on a busy Mothering Sunday, however once seated slightly less fraught and compensated by absolutely superb service.

Pros

Our waiter Ivan was excellent - absolutely
attentive without intrusion. He welcomed our daughter immediately (her birthday) and this always goes down well. Complementary belinis for the mothers and complementary mousse for her - many bonus points. The set menu was excellent value and the roast beef “the best beef ever”. Throughout the beef shone - as majority of reviewers have stated. Go here, open wallet/purse and eat the beef! Wine suggestions,both a red and a white we’re excellent and fairly priced.

Cons

Chips did not go down well with our party - but I guess this is a matter of taste. My fillet Milano (or similar) was not great. As stated, it was noisy and we were packed in but to be fair we had been provided with the best table available - just don’t go for Sunday lunch if you like a peaceful atmosphere.

At c£300 for 5 with 2 bottles of wine this can’t be described as a modest place to eat but for beef and excellent service it’s a winner to go to for a special occasion.