Review Highlights
New Season....New Hobby....Go SUP

What a start to the new season. The beginning of April, the sun was out at 9am & we had no company... read more

Reviewed today
FJMc1
A Great Experience

Thank you Nigel and Ella for a great session. Lovely place, lovely instructors and hope to return... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
F7185EZ
London, United Kingdom

All reviews paddle boarding nigel active360 river lesson paddling instructions fun instructor richmond
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

A brilliant 1hr30mins with Paul and Dan in a small group. Nerves steadied quickly and on our feet before we knew it. A great stretch of river round the island with herons, grebes and other birds galore. Then we whizzed back with the current - the time flew (we were having fun) but we’ll be back. Thank you!

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 19 October 2020

This summer I tried paddleboarding for the first time. I must admit I was a little apprehensive to start with. My balance isn’t the best to begin with and after 3 kids my core strength is practically non existent, so I was pretty decided that I would be kneeling the entire time. I was also slightly nervous about falling into the water and getting hypothermia ( I kid you not, I even brought a wetsuit with me just in case!) The lesson was SO much fun! Our instructor Nigel was super and explained everything very clearly and in a matter of minutes, our entire group of 5 were standing up on our boards, paddling like pros! The water was lovely, the tide was low and in the start of Sept, the wetsuit wasn’t needed. In short: Lots of fun...I highly recommend it and would totally do it again.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 23 September 2020

We had a great day today on Thames. An fantastic paddle boarding experience with Nigel in a beautiful Richmond scenery. Being on the calm water was so relaxing also standing on the paddle board is a real challange, very sporty and we all felt so energetic after 2 hours.This was our second time, really enjoyed and already looking forward to for our next tour. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 18 August 2020

5 Stars. Absolutely fantastic time. My daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful couple of hours on the river, experiencing something beautifully balanced between challenging and fun. Staff were all charming - friendly, welcoming, and - importantly in these Covid times- utterly professional.
Our instructor Mark was just excellent. Chatting away with my 10 year old and me he was great company and perfect teacher. Honestly, I can't praise them enough. We will be back again - on the Thames and in it no doubt! - and very soon. If you enjoy the water and want to give something safe, fun and with enough skill involved to feel good about yourself a try, then I highly recommend you do the same.

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020

Had a brilliant time on the river today. Mark was a great instructor - great balance of instruction, fun and chat. Professional set up with a range of boards, all the right safety equipment and appropriate adjustments for COVID-19. I've kayaked previously and it turns out that the technique is pretty similar, so that helped. Started off on my knees but was standing in no time and quickly built up my confidence in (not in!) the water. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2020