All reviews the river afternoon tea the penthouse river view room beautiful hotel petersham meadows small balcony service charge richmond park fabulous views set menu comfortable rooms car park special occasion single room sunday lunch poached eggs
Reviewed 20 January 2016

i'm re-writing my review as i had originally posted an incorrect rating. Definitely 5 stars and not the 1 i had originally posted in error!

I arranged a surprise 50th Birthday dinner at The Petersham for my partner. George Reeves, Events Manager, offered a first class service from start to finish ensuring all details had been captured. The room I hired was the Cellars, it was an amazing setting for a family dinner of 20, the food was exceptional. The staff that served us throughout the evening were professional, diligent and polite and any request was met without hesitation. Will definitely look to plan any future events at this venue.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2016

Great Hotel.Great view.Great Service.(Robin was wonderful gave great insights into the hotel and the area).
The rooms were clean and neat.
The heater in the room wasn't working properly but this was promptly resolved once reported.
Staff were polite.
Great view of the River Thames in the restaurant
Hotel is tasteful and well decorated.Old English and very cozy.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I was treated by my Board to a leaving dinner here in the private room and it was excellent. My favourite part was actually arriving very early and have a beautifully iced tonic with delicious olives and light cheese straw canapés, whilst sitting in the bar. Peaceful, reflective time with a stunning view on what was a damp cold day.
We had the private dining rom for our meal and service as good. Food from the set menu was all delicious - no complaints for anyone and voted one of our favourite places for an evening out. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I went to a great deal of trouble to plan my mothers special birthday party here, in a lovely private room with live music...I could write a whole page on how bad the service was in the banqueting dept, lack of understanding of how afternoon tea should be served...I sincerely would liken it to a bit above a roadside cafe for slapping things on the table AND out of order, serving food without giving guests serving spoons/forks to lift the food off the trays, no side plates or napkins, they didn't know what was in the sandwiches they were serving telling us they were vegetarian when actually they were ham....there was inadequate parking so guests were all late having parked miles away..the food was taken away too soon, the cake wasn't given out the way I asked...on and on.....I was mortified and spent the entire time micromanaging rather than participating and apologising to our guests...and when I complained to the MD he said they weren't a west end hotel! (not that I said anything about west end hotels)
Funny that...they charge like they are!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank max7654
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

We really had a good time at the hotel. We had a clean small room with a very large beautiful bathroom.
Staff were wonderful, they looked very good after us at the wedding breakfast with a good eye on every single detail.

My disappointment was that when we asked at the reception to arrange something nice for newly weds , the answer from reception was that for extra £15 pounds they can put some synthetic rose petals. In my point of view is quiet high price for synthetic rose petals. Any way we were assured that the room will be arranged with some macaroons and a bottle of champagne however it has not been delivered to the room.

Sad that the hotel could not make their wending stay more memorable.

Thank you once again for the staff who looked well after us at wedding breakfast.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends