“If a customer barely touches their meal, to me that's not something that's politely ignored”
Review of Antipodea

Antipodea
Ranked #130 of 317 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 65
Description: Antipodea. An all-day Australian brasserie that converts from a laid back Melbourne affair to a hustle and bustling night time dining spot. Well travelled and well designed, Antipodea is the newest addition to London’s dining scene.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A friend and I visited Antipodea last week, and I have to say that we weren't overwhelmed. We ordered a garlic and cheese calzone to share as a starter, and that was pretty good. My main course of lobster linguine was decent, but surprisingly small for £19.50 and the linguini was al dente to the point of being slightly crispy. My friend was excited to see a lamb shawarma pizza on the specials menu for her main course, but this was very disappointing. The menu said that the pizza had slow-cooked lamb, harissa and cucumber on it. Both of us cook with harissa and like hot food, and the pizza itself looked pretty innocuous, but this was truly WAY past normal levels of heat on a pizza. I was surprised when my friend said it was too hot, and assumed she just wasn't in the mood for heat - given her normal tastes. I then tried it, and it was really unpleasantly spicy. For something this fiery, it should surely have had a warning on the menu (it didn't). Between us, we only managed to eat two and a half slices. When the waitress came to take our plates away, we said that it was just too hot to eat, but there was no apology, or concern, let alone an offer of anything else. We decided to forgo a dessert and moved elsewhere. I'd likely not return. There are better value eateries in Richmond that offer better customer service. If a customer barely touches their meal, to me that's not something that's politely ignored.

1  Thank Jo M

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We attended on Saturday night for a late dinner. The decor is striking and makes for an interesting environment. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We started with some “bush tucker” almonds and edamame which I’d highly recommend. Diverse and interesting menu with a specials board. Pizzas are very reasonably priced, other mains cost a little more. Nice wine list with reasonably priced wine. Highly recommend for a cosy evening meal in Richmond.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the choice of menu and the service delivered gracefully and professionally by Honey our waitress was excellent. Well done to all of you for making the experience a great one

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Exceptional service, great food, fab Buck’s Fizz......this was my second brunch session here - consistently good!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Went for brunch one Saturday morning. Wide ranging menu, tasty food, good portion size and excellent service. Generally an inviting atmosphere. It was a busy morning and we lingered but there was no hassle from the staff to leave. (It's not cheap but then what do you expect in Richmond).