“Wonderful mix of relaxation and excitement”
other travellers have booked this property
Hugh Studio,  spacious and quiet with  living area , Internet, TV , and access to our garden.
View from Kitchen to main studio. KItchen with Oven, Fridge, Washer/Dryer, Microwave, table and four chairs in breakfast area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from Kitchen to main studio.
Shower / Basin / Toilet
Richmond Town Centre .. about 10 mins away on the bus.
Richmond Park with its Wild Deer is just outside our house.
Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace .. take train to Green Park via Waterloo.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cat G
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed 8 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This stay over was truly a mixed bag for me. On the one hand the studio borders a stunning greenbelt and has immediate access to lovely walking paths (which lead into Richmond Park - a real favourite of mine). My grandchildren and I spent some very happy hours enjoying this. On the other I wouldn't call it peaceful. Yes it LOOKS peaceful but it doesn't SOUND peaceful! It is right in the landing path of Heathrow and during the week huge planes scream overhead, sometimes one a minute.

The host Peter was helpful beforehand but away when I checked in so his wife Nicky helped me. She was very friendly and kindly offered to lend me her bicycle so I could ride along with my Grandson. I appreciated that. And yes, unlike a lot of places, they allowed a 'grandchild sleep-over'. Wonderful! The garden is charming and since I was in London merely to visit my small grandchildren, having access to it was special, especially since it has the most fabulous swing.

However it is unlikely I would go back there. Most of all I didn't find it value for money. The photo of the studio looks great but when you get there you soon discover that everything needs some maintenance. The fridge was so noisy that in the middle of my first night there I got up and put paper wads under the front feet to stop it rattling so much. Many other things needed fixing e.g the drawer doesn't close properly unless you give it a good push; the front door lock sometimes jams and the veranda door locks are horrid; the windows seriously need a clean; the outside furniture was covered in cobwebs - and the pot plants look half dead etc. On the whole it had a slight run down feeling - the most disconcerting part being the bed. I would guess it was purchased at a second hand shop or inherited from a price sensitive relative. Apart from being too small for a comfortable sleep for two (as advertised), the mattress was so old I could feel the springs! Really not up to standard, and since many travellers only want a good bed to return to after a day's sightseeing, this is something that seriously needs to be addressed.

On the other hand the room is airy, acceptably clean (no mildew or black mould thank goodness!) and spacious. If they put in new furniture and did some maintenance it would work well for anyone who wants easy access to lovey walks and has a reason to be near-ish to Richmond village. (I found it quite out of the way and used Uber to get around, but that's really no hardship and all the uberrring I did was excellent!)

I had a happy time there, but as I said, a mixed bag.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
21 Jul 2018
I am sorry the aircraft disturbed your sleep . All of Richmond is subject to aircraft noise as flights enter Heathrow, but the flight path does vary daily. Our other guests have all been very happy , they especially like the fully fitted kitchen area with its cooking facilities a new washing machine and refrigerator and of course the spacious 30ft long studio, but I take note of your review and so we will make some improvements. We are sorry it was not to your taste.
Barbara M
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Wonderful mix of relaxation and excitement”
Reviewed 4 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Staying at this property was perfect from beginning to end. From thoughtful supplies of coffee, tea, milk and breakfast cereal (even a vase of roses) to the relaxed and comfortable interactions with the hosts. This is a perfect stay for anyone wanting to be near Richmond Park, public transport and within easy distance to downtown London. Quality and comfort.

Management Response
4 Oct 2017
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased your stay in London with us was pleasant and comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future . Best wishes Peter.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing