“Always a great experience ”

AJ'S Karting and Laser tag
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the most exciting indoor Karting Centre in Weston-super-Mare, not far from Bristol. AJ'S Karting (formerly known as Premier Raceway) offers an amazing driving experience thanks to our unique multi-tiered track. The track has been designed to reward and inspire drivers of all abilities and ages. We run a variety of different events including "Arrive and Drive", Children's Karting, Corporate Events, Stag & Hen parties - or why not set up an endurance race? So, if you're seeking good family fun or adrenaline pumping thrills come on down and join in the experience
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Took my 2 kids karting. 1st time out for my 9yr old daughter but me & my son have been here a couple of times before.
My daughter had a bit of a wobble on her initial few laps & had a few tears. The staff were really good & very understanding. They looked after her until I was able to finish & they refunded her 2nd session that was booked & she didn't do (bad dad that I am -i still did it...).
Very much appreciated that gesture & we will be back again. Always a recommendation when I'm asked where to go for a karting day.

All reviews
"equipment"
"activity"
"weston"

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We all had a great time at the karting centre. The guys were great fun & helpful. We will be back again soon, keep up the good work!

1  Thank Neil D
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Came here as soon as it opened during half term week, having booked in advance for a 3 x 10 minute session for my sons (13 and 12). We had a couple of hours to kill in Weston while on holiday in Somerset. One had tried karting before and the other was a complete novice. Check in was very smooth, followed by a safety briefing and getting into racing kit - overalls, gloves and helmets. Then on to the track. It’s been mentioned in other posts that the track marshals were unfriendly but in our experience they were the opposite - really engaged with their jobs and extremely polite and helpful. My kids had a fantastic time and can’t wait to return.
Off the track service was great too. The cafe wasn’t open as it was a weekday but one of the team made me a coffee anyway which was much appreciated. Finally my son lost his phone while we were there and following a number of calls, the AJ’s Karting team not only managed to find it but posted it back to us a week later, well-wrapped and via special delivery. A big “Thank you” to Mark, Les and the rest of the team!

1  Thank mummyofaandw
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Been here two times now and each time the experience was amazing. My last visit was for my son's birthday party (10 years old) with 5 of his mates and me. The chap on the front desk was lovely and super helpful, really got the over excited kids full addition. Was happy for us to bring along a cake and our own drinks. Nothing seemed to be to much of a problem for him to sort out.

The two games we played where great fun and the guns and equipment was in perfect working order. The laser tag area is really well set out with some great hiding spots and hidden corners with great lighting.

the kids where supervised during the game to make sure they where not a risk to them selfs or others but not over managed as to take the fun out of it.

I love the way the staff build up the suspense when giving out the final scores and results. Love the fact also you can make up any name as you player name and are not just referred to as player 1, 2 and so on.

In sort. This is the best laser tag set up I have been to in the south west and would highly recommend it to other.

In the famous words....... I WILL BE BACK.....

1  Thank Lee P
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 November 2017

As a family we have always included go karting as a Birthday celebration through the years so we are all pretty much experienced with other go karting companies & tracks- this was the first time to visit this track in Weston . You are greeted with wonderful staff at reception , it was an older gentlemen & a young lady they were good fun & made the start of our time there welcoming , brilliant staff for the company, sorry to say this was not the case with the track marshalls , their attitude simply stinks & treat the public with contempt! They were lazy in their attitude as nothing was explained before you left the pits so sometimes we were confused when the race actually started or we had to do a slow start ! They were quick to come over to you & tell you off quite sternly if you made a mistake I only lifted up my visor in the pits & the senior Marshall berated me so I said sorry I didn’t realise. The same senior Marshall the short one with dark hair I asked a question if the last race was still on lap time or was it pole position over the line & he shouted at me & said what do you think you have you been doing all the time youve been here! Well I was shocked I’m a 51 year old lady & didn’t expect that kind of berated response & it is totally unacceptable. It’s double standards with them as on my last lap I was doing well & it’s always a bit of competive banter amongst us who is going to win out of the guys plus the girls so i was on point to win when I was bumped from behind & so was spun into the tyres on the first tight corner from the pits -a Marshall should have been at his station there but no one was there & the other Marshall’s couldn’t see me !, I was left there unattended whilst the others lapped me for TWO whole laps!! My family were trying to catch the other marshalls attention by pointing to why I was stranded but were told to keep both hands on the steering shell! I was side on to oncoming traffic just waiting for an impact as no Marshall could see me ! That is a serious health & safety issue! They are quick to jump to berate you if you’ve made a mistake but they didn’t even say sorry of give me a time adjustment for leaving me so long unattended I was not impressed! At the end of the races noone came up to us & read out the results plus give you a trophy or anything so I don’t know why they have the 1st 2nd 3rd podiums there for as they are not used-
The last go karting track we went to as a family was Eastleigh run by Team sport the staff there was respectful & made our day !,! making it fun plus at the end you are presented with a trophy & told our winning positions & times I couldn’t fault them at all , true proffesuinls , not mini dictators like the track staff at Weston ! AJ as a company your track Marshall’s are doing your name no favours they seriously need their work ethics / health & safety & customers relations brought up to standard .

3  Thank Claire B