All reviews alfa travel alfa coach leisureplex hotels bingo calling sea view sound of the waves entertainment every night meal times nice sea the local bus service walking difficulties budget break cheddar gorge great entertainment senior citizens age group facing the road
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Stayed at the Anchor Head Hotel for 4 nights from 7-11 Sept 2016. The hotel is really well situated being just a short walk to the many bars, restaurants etc along the promenade. I stayed in Room 109 which has a sea-view, a double bed and a single bed. The bathroom had a bath and a shower over the bath. The bedding and towels were crisp and clean, the room itself was reasonably spacious and kept clean. The TV was small and hit and miss whether it worked or not. There is a lift to the 3 floors although it is small and only holds 3 persons at one time. Food is acceptable, 3 course meal every evening with a reasonable choice. Breakfast was served to the table and again there was a good choice. The food was always hot and well presented. Entertainment in the evening was quite good, bingo and a singer. I found the staff to be courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 109 has a sea-view, double and a single bed. Being right above the concert room is noisy until approx 11pm
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

It's ok if you are not fussy.How ever there was no water to drink in the rooms even in this hot weather and I thought drinking from the toilet hand basin was not very attractive. In addition I thought that this was a Noisy place. I did not get much sleep as a woman kept knocking on the door in the next room. When I opened to check if she was ok, I found her stark naked. Not a stitch on her. I asked her if she needed help and she said she was perfectly fine. I gave her a towel to wrap herself in. She did so then continued knocking away on the bedroom door. Had booked a family room as I had my little boy with me. Got two rooms in in two different passages so had to spend the night trotting between the rooms to check on him. The staff were ok. However there was no effort made to try and give us a family room or even when I explained that we were on honeymoon I was told in very clear measured terms that there was no other room. I asked to see a manager but the girl at the reception insinuated that it was my fault as I had booked two rooms. My explanations were futile. I was exhausted as we had travelled a long journey to this hotel and I was totally disappointed. Breakfast was ok. The rooms were clean but very basic. I suppose you get what you pay for.......

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee M
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We got a seaview room on a last minute booking and was very impressed. The room was airy and the price for the room was very reasonable. The staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was lovely and the views beautiful. This was a great experience of British hospitality.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Hotel very nice, we had twin room with shower and sea view, nice walk along the promenade from the hotel to the pier,20 mins,very flat,food hot and staff very nice,meals could do with a change as the menu has not changed in10 years

Room Tip: Sea view and not near the lift as the call button is very loud
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Nice location it's got to be said & very friendly staff, Shona doing the quiz made our night. Very noisy night though doors banging & people up all night, ground floor is probably a bad move. Comfy bed & clean but a hoover over the carpet would have been nice.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple