Review Highlights
Cycle bike hire - Bodmin bikes

Fantastic bike shop to hire from for the camel trail in Bodmin. Great bikes at affordable prices... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2018
laurencewheatley
Surrey, United Kingdom
via mobile
Brilliant service

Absolutely fantastic and friendly experience with Bodmin Bikes. I rang and reserved the bikes a... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2018
medi342018
Birmingham, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Having sustained a puncture and forgotten to bring any spare inner tubes with me I needed a repair fast. Phil the owner not only fitted two new non puncture tyres he also serviced the bike and it was all done in 2 hours. I couldn't of been happier and I was able to get out on the bike the same day.
I highly recommend Bodmin Bikes and will use their services again if ever I need a speech repair.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We spent a beautiful day on Saturday cycling from Bodmin to Padstow via Wadebridge and back. A total of 25 miles.
We were very lucky with the weather as it had rained all week and then again on Sunday but we had a gorgeous day on Saturday which made the cycle really pleasant and enjoyable.
We rented bikes from Bodmin Bikes. The bikes were great but they wanted ID as well as £30 deposit for each bike on top of payment in advance (£13 per bike). We have rented bikes all over the world and normally places demand you leave your ID or a deposit, never both. What disappointed me most is that they close really early and demand you bring the bikes back by 16:45. We had such a beautiful day, the sun was shining and would have enjoyed keeping them an extra hour. They are also closed on Sundays which seems odd.
The cycle is mostly flat, only very slightly uphill in the last mile coming back into Bodmin.
We had a fantastic leisurely lunch in Padstow – not in a Rick Stein restaurant. The town is very pretty but it seemed very crowded so we didn’t stay long and decided to cycle back and stopped at the Camel Winery for wine tasting on the way back, which I cannot recommend enough. They have a beautiful terrace situated on the slopes above the river and overlooking their own sprawling vineyards, the view from there was simply stunning and the wines were delicious too (award-winning!). The fact that the sun was glistening on the vines made it absolutely magical. they are situated 3 miles out of Bodmin.
We took the whole day to do all this (9 to 5), but cycled really slowly in the morning, stopping everywhere to take photos and had a long lunch in Padstow (plus the Camel Winery stop)
Being middle of September, it was very quiet (I hear it can get quite busy during the school holidays). Absolutely beautiful day.

Date of experience: September 2013