Review Highlights
Great morning out!

We hired bikes for 3 hours and went out on the trails - the greens and blues are perfect for those... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
Meander719420
via mobile
Superb Morning of Cycling

Found this online and stopped us having to take bikes down on the car. Booked in advance that week... read more

Reviewed 31 July 2018
Superhoop2808
Dartford, United Kingdom

All reviews hired bikes off road quality bikes great trails mountain biking green runs national trust cafe park cafe whole family car park skills route forest
Reviewed 14 May 2018

A great place for our girls to have their first go on offroad cycling. Mum did very well too.
And the best part: it wasn't busy!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I love coming here with my 10 year old - we hired bikes for the afternoon and this time it was a showery day, so got pretty muddy by the end!
The skills area is great. We spend quite a bit of time here at the beginning and end of our time. The trails are graded and have little notices at the start so you have an idea of what to expect in terms of difficulty. Of course, downhills are the best bit, but there are a few sections where I had to get off and push the bike back up!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank anna s
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Great day out mountain biking easy laid out routes green, blue, and red routes... if it rains the National Trust cafe on site offers reasonable value for money

Routes for novices to experienced, children to adults...

Great

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I have lived in the area for years and have never been here, mainly as I assumed it would be so busy...like the Camel Trail. Anyway so I came on Fathers Day with my daughter and was hugely surprised to see how quiet it was despite loads of bike racked cars in the car park.
A good mix of up and down hill coupled with plenty of sun protection from the trees. Don't expect views...its a forest!
After about 2 hours we felt we had done it all and then decided to look at the café, good selection of healthy food and despite it being Fathers Day no shortage of places to sit. Food was very good and not overly priced I felt. Toilets were very clean and the whole set-up was very good.
We will come back when its a bit cooler!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Been many times before and it's a good place to take the children to tire them out. The park and climbing frame is a little small to cater for the vast numbers during peak season such as summer and Easter holidays. Not much for babies and toddlers to go on really other than the webbed tyre swing and that isn't ideal.

The cafe offers good food and the soup, sandwiches are usually quite flavoursome. The hot chocolate is perfect but sadly the coffee cake is the worst I've had. It was bland, dry (almost stale) with hardly any icing. My husband was bitterly disappointed.

Toilet facilities are great, both in terms of access and quality/ condition of facilities. Car park is bumpy hardcore so not for the unsteady though there are plenty of disabled parking bays. Oh and the entrance is very narrow so only just squeezed our transporter through the gates!

Date of experience: March 2017