All reviews stayed here single room hosts were lovely five minute walk ulster fry top floor town centre choice of cereals home from home comfortable beds ensuite bathroom first morning three nights good size visit bangor bangor marina sea view
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We've stayed at Ennislare each time we've visited Ireland. Anne and her staff provide every comfort and great breakfasts. Great location; near the marina, train station, and local castle. Easy distances for walking, wonderful variety of Pubs for evening dining, and a Tourist Office that's about the friendliest in Europe!

Room Tip: The view from top floor front is spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend for 2 nights, to attend a wedding nearby. Lovely hosts breakfast spot on. The place was central and walking distance to the town and marina. Rooms clean and serviced regularly. Only gripe is we were cold!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank HayleyJ502
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed for 2 nights while over in Northern Ireland for a wedding, and I must say that even from arrival I felt very at home there. It appears to be family run and you can really tell. We had a friendly and hassle free check-in. The room we were allocated was on the top floor and had a lovely view of the harbour. The room whilst being clean, was also well equipped with plenty of hangers, tea and coffee, and complimentary toiletries.
Comfortable beds ensured a good nights rest, before a hearty breakfast in the morning. There was a selection of cereals and juice to choose from. I opted for the Ulster breakfast when it came to my cooked choice and when it came I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a huge portion size but what you did get was very good quality and I did enjoy it.
Overall I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend it to anyone seeking a decent B&B in the Bangor area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We spent two nights at the Ennislare Guest House with friends. It's in a prime location, just 5-7 minutes walk from the town centre and sea front. Also close to the train station where you can get into Belfast. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. Ours was a twin, but the beds were not small and there was lots of room. Lovely en suite bathrooms with toiletries which was a nice touch.

The breakfasts were freshly cooked and plenty of it. There was a choice of cereals and juices and I could even have my regular green tea with honey which is always a bonus for me as I don't do caffeine. There was even vegimite for our Australian friends, they were delighted!
The guesthouse is in a quiet street, so no outside noise at night. Our hosts were lovely and very helpful.

I would recommend this B&B to others and if I was looking again in that area I would book with them.

Room Tip: They have rooms on 3 floors so if. You have lots of luggage, choose one lower down as the stairs are a bit steep
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

What more could you want from a BnB in a seaside town - comfortable beds, clean rooms, amazing breakfast each morning, very friendly staff and great location.

This hotel is very close to the marina in Bangor and close to the centre.

We had two rooms; a double room on the second floor which had a sea view and was a very good size (however the lock on this room was sticky - so it made locking the door very difficult). The other room was a single room on the top floor, although this was only a single room it was very spacious and there was plenty of room to move around.

We asked for our rooms to be ready before check in time. We were advised that the staff would try their best to get 1 room ready for us. However on arrival it turned out both rooms were in fact ready and we could have our rooms earlier which was a great help!

Thanks for the great stay. Hope to see you again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family