Astala Guest House(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 122
Orbitz.com
US$ 105
Agoda.com
All reviewsswimming poolcarvery lunchabbey suitenelsons barhen partyan updatehigh tealeisure centrecocktail makingbit datedoverlooking the marinasaturday nightgood sizereception stafflarge roomrestaurant staffcant wait
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I thought that bed bugs in hotels are a thing of the past but unfortunately not,My head and back were destroyed in bites, staff were really nice but the place is a dump in fairness food wasn't great either steak was overcooked and smelled like it was lying for a few days. I'm not too fussy about food or the look of the place but getting bit in a hotel room is disgusting and there is no excuse for it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank niallgordon46
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Not sure from reading the below reviews if people are being honest. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself is very dated and in need of renovation and modernisation. The room we stayed in was in a poor state of repair and backed on the kitchen flat roof with massive chimney plumes outside the window. The gym is terrible with equipment 20 years old and in poor condition. Breakfast was probably the worst I’ve had - omelette had a scrambled egg like texture and was cooked with burnt oil. The cooked breakfast had cheap meat and the sausages were like plastic. Overall don’t stay here. Go to a local b n b.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwire1
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed in the Marine court for three nights as part of a family wedding party and I cannot praise this venue highly enough. The location is perfect and as we had a room with a sea view. this made the experience all the better.
The staff are very friendly and were always helpful. Every one was pleasant no matter what time of day. The breakfast was amazing with full cooked Irish or other choices, the eggs benedict were to die for.
The hotel is immaculate and the rooms were as big as any I have ever stayed in with a huge bed and plenty of facilities, even an iron and ironing board.
The reception venues were excellent and again, the food in the evening was marvellous. Everything went very smoothly with no delays or hiccups.
This hotel is rated as a three star but, for me it should be awarded as a four star.
All in all we had a wonderful stay at the Marine Court and if ever we get back to Northern Ireland we would not hesitate to return to this lovely hotel in such a beautiful location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room to the front as the sea view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank roy s
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had the Carnalea Suite which was perfect for our family - queen bed as well as 2 singles in the room. Very large room, bathroom a bit dated but perfectly functional and with a bath and shower.

Free parking just outside the hotel, so that was great. All the staff were extremely friendly, especially at breakfast. My husband and I had to go separately and I turned up just minutes before 10am (breakfast closed at 10). They welcomed me with a beautiful table overlooking the marina, and never rushed me. Breakfast was excellent.

Room was a little noisy and quite hot, but overall, we really enjoyed our stay. Everything was very close by and we enjoyed a walk along the waterfront.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Went into the restaurant for an evening meal was upstairs in the restaurant, as the sun was streaming through the windows it was too hot to sit in the window and enjoy the view. The waitress moved us to a cooler table. They had run out of some things on the menu but it was a little difficult to understand the waiter mumbled a little. We had a lovely meal good honest food.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple