See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2014

I'm currently still staying at the auld pickie in Bangor with my mum and 3 kids and still have another 2 nights but can honestly say Carolyn and Dia are so welcoming and friendly and have made us feel right at home since we arrived yesterday.The house i absolutely gorgeous and beds are so comfy and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts !!! Breakfast was amazing this morning. A great choice of cereals and fresh fruit and yoghurt. The hot toast just kept coming. All the jams and marmalades to accompany it. The cooked breakfast was too die for and the plate is full to the brim. Will certainly be back to stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a lovely B&B. close to Pickie park and the Bangor town. It is a very relaxed place.
Carolyn and Dai are flexible and excellent hosts. The breakfasts were really good with hearty portions. I had a really great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I am due to check out of this lovely B&B in the morning but would like to review it now. I can honestly say I have never stayed in a more friendly, welcoming bed and breakfast. The owner Carolyn and her husband Dai are lovely. The bed and breakfast is comfortable and clean thoughtout with great quirky/vintage decor. It really felt like a home from home for me. On the first night I had a sea facing room which had a lovely big double bed in it and I slept very well. The second and third night I had a cosy single, which again is comfortable and has plenty of room for my things. Every room has tea and coffee plus some biscuits. (which myself and my dad appreciated.) On the first morning Dai cooked me "the works" breakfast which was massive! My dad who came along with me, had to help me eat it! Then the scrambled eggs and toast were lovely too, the following mornings. We had a few problems with airport timings and my dad being forgetful with keys, but Carolyn was very accommodating and helped out alot. Her knowledge of the local area has been fantastic and because of us visiting family and sight-seeing until late, she has been very flexible with us. It was something I was worried about after reading a recent review, but that couldn't have been more wrong! The B&B is well positioned in Bangor for walking or using public transport and has magnificent views. Carolyn has a lovely, bubbly personality and it has been so great staying at her B&B, I will definitely be returning with my husband for another stay! Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Teena E
Reviewed 15 July 2014

On the 5th July I was booked to stay in the above guest house, I had stayed there previously and when my son made the booking two weeks prior to the date the booking was confirmed over the phone. On the 5th I arrived into Bangor from Dublin at 7pm and went directly to the accommodation to inform them of my arrival. I met Carolyn Harvey the owner and asked her if I needed to check in at that time, collect a key or pay for the room. She amicably said there was no need that she would be there later when I returned.

At 10:30 pm I returned and I assume it was Mr Harvey who greeted me, he said he did not have a booking under the name of Todd Quish, Mrs Harvey did not come out or was not there? I was more than surprised at this unusual outcome particularly when I was told that the only room left was a single attic room. I mounted the stairs and was about to be brought up a spiral stair case leading to a small room, there appeared to be no fire escape and I did not proceed with entering the room. The man was not apologetic and did nothing to try to secure a suitable room elsewhere for me. At 70 years of age I had walked there and had no transport at that late hour, I had to return to my sons house and sleep in a make shift bed in their study. The following day, early afternoon I returned to see if I could get an explanation and there was nobody there to answer the door. Strange, unhospitable and unprofessional experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ToddQuish
Reviewed 7 July 2014

booked for 1 night, stayed for 4 weeks. Room perfect, food first class.
Carolyn and Di are the perfect hosts, friendly and very helpful . Arnold Schwarzenegger would say
' I'll be back' , I surely will. 40 years of travelling, this was the most friendly and welcome place I can remember, atmosphere like home from home, or better. For my next visit to Northern Ireland I have already request for accommodation.
Capt. A. de Boer
Weener / Germany

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect, inspected all, had a single room to the back, preferred the birds singing in the mornings, front rooms better for family's.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo