See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night with our 3 year old daughter. We had wanted to book a hotel but everywhere was booked up (lucky for us). This is the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Our room was beautiful and the view was even better, over looking the harbour. Carolyn the owner was so friendly and attended to everything we needed. Our 3 year old daughter loved her. The breakfast was amazing and more than we could eat.

We are already making plans to back here through the summer to stay for longer.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TODCOD
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here last week on the sad event of my Nan's funeral. I and 8 other people stayed here. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. Dai and Carolyne are firstly very welcome, they were aware of why we were there, and greeted us with tea and biscuits.
The rooms are all very unique, I saw 3 of them, 2 of which had amazing views (I had a single room, with a window facing the back, but it was worth it for a single room ;-) ). It is situated on the marina, and you can see right out to sea in the front rooms. An amazing view, on one of our days it was so clear that we could see Scotland.
Carolyne and Dai really do their best to make you feel welcome. After showing us to our rooms they took the time to make sure our rooms were ok, and that we had everything we needed.
We arrived the night before the funeral, and had some drinks in town (which were really nice). We came back late, and a number of us had impressive hangovers. These were cured by the really generous cooked breakfasts.
I have to say, even though it was a sad occasions, I look forward to returning with my young family for a proper holiday.
Thank you Dai and Carolyne.
Sean Pearce (and the rest of the Johnston Clan)

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a stunning sea view Rooms at the back are just as nice (minus the view) Make sure you have an appetite for breakfast!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Have stayed in the B&B a few times and the hospitality is excellent. Although it classes itself as a B&B it is much more akin to a good quality hotel. Caroline and Dia , who own and run Auld Pickie coulnd not be more helpful and friendly. If you are on a visit to Northern Ireland this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the Bangor Marina are superb.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is by far the best 'bed and breakfast' accommodation I have ever stayed in. The hosts, Carolyn and Dai, were very friendly and welcoming at all times. I had booked a single room, but was offered a larger room due to the B&B not being fully booked, which was very kind. The hotel was very clean, the room was spick and span, the facilities (coffee-making machine, power showers, etc) were absolutely spot on. Would not go anywhere else in Bangor!

Carl Dundas

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have just returned from a brilliant week in Northern Ireland, Our stay with Carolyn and pets was absolutely brilliant she was just like a friend to us and nothing was too much trouble, fantastic breakfast etc a fantastic host we cannot praise her highly enough. Would never stay anywhere else on a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends