All reviews full english sunday carvery new venture visiting friends thanks guys good size landlady sunderland coastline seaham kelly bath
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Lovely hotel, great welcome, and nothing too much trouble for the friendly owners of this hotel. There is lots to do and see in this quiet unusual neck of the woods, an area well worth a visit.
The staff told us the best routes to walk and tour, a wealth of local knowledge.
Rooms big and clean, nice enough suite and brilliant value. We certainly have found a lot to see and do here so will definitely be returning and soon.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank steveg717
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Went here last Sunday for Sunday dinner lovely staff top of the pops great place for food are a drink in the afternoon are night price of food and drinks are good what more do you need to know

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank steven h
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Just had the best ribeye steak I've had in a long while. This is my fourth night here and have been treated really well by the very friendly staff and the owners. The hotel is a bit dated (close to 100 years I believe) but is clean, tidy and well run with clean and comfortable en-suite rooms.
There's also a connection to the 1971 film Get Carter starring Michael Caine, so I'm told.
Excellent food, good beer, sparkling company and comfortable rooms at very reasonable rates. What more could you want?

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

The Stella is absolutely cracking value, the Sunday carvery is the best in the north east for the money, we come every single weekend and are yet to be disappointed. The rooms in the chimneys are also good value - highly recommended!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I stayed at the Chimneys hotel with my three sisters as we were attending a school reunion in nearby Peterlee..I stayed in a twin room it was a typically old fashioned room no frills but very clean. I was surprised that there wasnt a shower just bath but as we were only staying one night this wasnt too much of an issue. There was a wardrobe /cupboard to hang up clothes but no dressing table or mirror in the room There was a tiny mirror in the bathroom.The tea and coffee making facilities were on a very low table at the foot of one of the beds. Non of these things were a deal breaker for a one night stay because the helpfulness of all the staff far outweighed the negatives. helpful friendly and approachable they created a warm and welcoming atmosphere even making us lunch when they only usually do evening meals.Breakfast was lovely and again the staff couldnt do enough for us.

Date of stay: October 2016