US$ 199
Eleven Westgate(Pickering)
17 Burgate(Pickering)
Belmont B&B(Pickering)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold millfull englishattending a weddinglovely placetea traystayed here for nightsa lovely stayenjoyed our stayworkingsmikefurniture
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My daughter and I received a very warm and friendly welcome and a tour of Vivers Mill on our arrival. We stayed in a twin bedded room. The room was a good size, clean and tidy and with very comfortable beds. The tea/coffee making were topped up daily. The en suite was okay, with toiletries provided - again it was spotless, with clean towels every day however, the shower was a bit of a dribble (a shower attachment off of the bath taps) but it still managed the job. I believe some other rooms may have power showers. The breakfast was good (could maybe have butchers chipolata sausages instead of Richmond ones), but it was well cooked and easily kept us going until lunchtime.
Wifi is available, but not in our room so we had to go into the lounge area to access it - to be fair the walls of the mill are so thick that providing WiFi access for all of the rooms would be a bit of a nightmare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MichMoch2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I spent three nights at Vivers Mill last month with my mother and enjoyed it very much. The room was exceptionally clean and cozy. Our room had two twins beds and one full sized bed and was set up in such a way that we each had privacy in a shared room. And the beds were very comfortable, I slept so well! The bathroom was huge and the water pressure in the shower was wonderful.From the window near my bed I could look out at the creek and from the window by my mothers bed she had a view of a small pasture with sheep - it was idyllic.

Mike was an excellent host. He carried our luggage up the steps to our room when we arrived, gave us recommendations on dinner spots in town, showed us around the house and pointed out the old mill features and he cooked delicious breakfasts each morning. There was wi-fi available in the room which worked like a charm and a large screen tv. There was also a huge common area/lounge with chairs, tv and books available for guests.

Walking into town from Vivers Mill was enjoyable as well. On our first day we walked along the street from the front of the b&b, stopping at the creek where we spotted the otter, and through the neighborhood. On our second day we discovered a faster and even more scenic way to get to the town center - by taking the path behind the b&b, climbing the stile and walking along a small sheep pasture and then along the creek. This path drops you out on a street just a block or so from the TI, the rail station (which was handy as we took the steam rail to Whitby one day) and the town center. My mom and I both enjoyed taking this approach into town.

Vivers Mill was a lovely and relaxing place to stay and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank phoebefordreid
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Vivers Mill as the name suggested is an old flour mill which has been sympathetically converted to a Guest House. Found the owners to be friendly and helpful. Accommodation was very good with low beamed ceilings and wall lighting giving it character, they are also well furnished with period furniture and include Coffee and Tea facilities, TV, Hair Dyer etc., the en suite I had was small but adequate. Accommodation was spotless throughout. Breakfast was a hearty affair efficiently served. The town is within five minutes walk of the accommodation through a modern estate road. On-site Parking is not a problem. The Cash Only policy was a bit off putting, and whilst understanding that cheques are no longer guaranteed in the 21st century a card readers for this type of business seems to be the only logical solution. Would definately recommend this accommodation to others looking to stay in Pickering.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WelshTaff
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Situated along Mill Lane in a quiet location away from the noise of the town, it is only about 10 to 15 minutes walk into the town. The building was fascinating, rooms clean with comfortable beds. Many hotels and B & B's now use only liquid soap in the bathrooms and I prefer to use a tablet of soap, so I would suggest taking one with you. Excellent breakfast. I stayed at Vivers Mill with my brother who is a train enthusiast and we would both be very happy to stay there again. Payment terms are strictly CASH! Credit cards and debit cards were not accepted.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Galltfaenan
Reviewed 26 August 2013

So pleased I found Vivers Mill online and chose to book the accommodation. It was in a great location, very clean and comfortable. Proprietors very friendly and breakfast was superb. Good to be able to see the 'workings' of the mill behind glass from the dining areas. I would have no hesitation in staying here again, and recommending it to others.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends