“The best B&B by far”
Review of Grindale House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
Grindale House
Ranked #14 of 49 Pickering B&B and Inns
Shoreham-by-Sea
“The best B&B by far”
Reviewed 18 May 2011

My friends and I visit the NYMR every year for their Spring Gala and would not dream of staying anywhere else. The cleanliness and friendlyness are second to non plus the secure parking make this our number one. Thanks Valerie and the team.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is an excellent standard of B&B; modern, clean and welcoming. The team of Ladies are great and very hospitable and accommodating. We stayed in the family suite (room 6)with 2 boys aged 10 and 12. The suite is located at the top of the house, so not good for the infirm but a great adventure for the kids! The twin room is big with ample storage and hanging space and could accommodate a third bed if you needed it. The attic roof window looks over the courtyard so is quiet with a good balckout blind.. the kids just zonked out! The room was very secure for children. The middle part had the bathroom and lounge area and was tastefully done throughout. There is also a mini-fridge and tea/coffee making. The double bed room is very cosy but much smaller with a window over the front street. My only gripe is the water tank is in the loft above the double bed so water demand for rooms below make for an early alarm as the cistern empties and refills(I am a light sleeper). I pointed this out and the owners intend to look into it. That aside, I would definitely recommend this B&B to couples and families as all the rooms are all beautifully appointed, the cottages are great for groups and families and the location is a great base for exploring the area. We hope to go back next year and stay in one of the cottages.

Room Tip: Take your pamper stuff!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Boughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My friend Reg and I decided, for the first time, to take a motorbike road trip around North Yorkshire. Entering 'Biker Friendly Accommodation' on the internet we came across Grindale House.
The welcome from Valerie and her staff was excellent, covered, locked storage for the bikes.
Our rooms, although at the top of teepish stairs were of the highest standard. Excellent furniture, fittings and decor all beautifully maintained. En suite facilities, tea and coffee making, tv and comfortable beds. Cracking housekeeping.
High quality full english breakfasts ensured a good start to each day of riding.
Pickering is an excellent base for exploring North Yorkshire, moors and coast, a good place to eat at night and Grindale House provides superb accommodation.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Mind your head on the low doorways.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I have just stayed at Grindale House for 3 nights and cannot recommend it highly enough. Val, the owner, and Jacquie and Sue, the invaluable staff, were all a credit to the hostelery industry!! Nothing was too much trouble, the room was clean, comfortable and a joy to be in. The proximity to the centre of town with its shops, railway, buses and eateries was excellent. We will certainly be back and would recommend anyone who is thinking of staying in Pickering to give Val a ring and I can assure you you will have a very welcoming and relaxing stay with all the amenities that North Yorkshire can offer

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 8 January 2011

One miserable day in Feb 2010 I decided to cheer myself up as I had broken my ankle quite badly in December and was still housebound so I thought I'd book a New Year holiday. After stopping in a cottage in a nearby village for several New Year hols we decided to go for the B & B option for a change. After perusing the tinta I found several and send off emails and Valerie's was the first to be returned and boy am I glad. We arrived on New Year's eve afternoon and was met with a lovely greeting. Valerie showed us around the breakfast room and lounge (with the offer of pre dinner drinks!) and then took us back out to the courtyard to show us our room, which at first we found a bit strange. We stopped in room 7 which is sort of part of the original cottage but accessed directly from the courtyard which on reflection was ideal as we are smokers and we could just pop out of a puff without having to make noise for other guests. It would have been a bit of a problem if we were tall but being more hobit that elf it was not a problem at all and we referred to our lovely little snuggly room as our den. Beautifully clean, modern yet cosy we loved it! Breakfasts were very nice and more than enough and both Valerie and her housekeeper (so sorry but can't remember your name) were very friendly and I'm guessing that Valerie is a good judge of character and knows who wants a chat and who prefers to be aloof. Would definately recommend this place to others and whilst we may not return next New Years (just would prefer something different) we will definately return at some point as we love North Yorkshire and visit 2 or 3 times a year.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple