All reviews garden room french doors enjoyed our meal new venture new owners varied menu patio doors piping hot for sunday lunch two nights quiet location birthday treat cooked to perfection one night stay well worth a visit roaring log fire night's sleep
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

A beauty setting with a warm welcome for people & dogs. The garden rooms are large with direct access to an exercise area. The rooms are well equipped and the food very good with dogs allowed in the bar. Very good value

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Blacksmiths a few years ago, and always said we would go back. We did just that for my wife's birthday on the 28th October, and we really couldn't have had a more fabulous stay. All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, the garden room was superb and spotless, and last but by no means least, the food was exceptional !! Fantastic, good honest Yorkshire fayre. I could not be critical in any way. A fabulous stay !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived at The Blacksmiths at hartoft Friday evening after a long drive.Check in was a breeze and we were shown to our garden view room. The room was big with all amenities Inc a huge bed. The bar is well stocked and we had a meal that evening which was lovely.We had a problem with heating and hot water in room but staff were lovely and sorted problem out in no time.Breakfast was beautiful so much available and all Inc in price.Its a bit out the way approx 7 miles outside Pickering but well worth the extra miles.Would I recommend and stay again in a flash.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Wow! What a wonderful stay, I booked the Blacksmiths at Hartoft as a surprise get a way for my husbands birthday and we loved it. The staff went above and beyond, so friendly and welcoming, they even got my husband a surprise birthday cake when I mentioned it was his birthday when booking, I got lots of brownie points for that, so thank you! The bedroom was well decorated with new furniture and the bed was beyond comfy. The food was out of this world, we ate in the pub both nights and were not lot disappointed. Breakfast was also lovely with lots of hot choices and a help yourself continental bar. The only slight downside was the water pressure in the shower that we were warned about on arrival but the management are aware of that and I believe working on it. I will definitely be returning, hopefully for my birthday!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Blacksmiths in Hartoft during the Pickering war weekend, it’s a lovely friendly small hotel with great food the staff couldn’t be more helpful and the food was amazing! I only wish they were around the corner. Would definitely stay again.
Thank you so much for a memorable stay.
Sam and Debbie :-)