Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,687 results
All reviews infinity pool afternoon tea thermal suite sea view the cliff special treat scones scallops overlooking saundersfoot lovely hotel a real treat evening meal overlooking the beach following morning lovely touch car park relaxing break
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2022

My first time here and I loved it. It was my wedding anniversary and we went in the spa which was brilliant with the infinity pool looking out over Saundersfoot. So relaxing!! The room was great with voya soaps etc in the bathroom.
Then had a meal in the restaurant which again was exceptional! as was breakfast the following day.
Normally people write reviews to highlight the negatives about a visit and if there were any I would have mentioned it.
I loved my stay as did my wife and we certainly will be back.
I would advise anyone who has the chance to pay St Brides a visit , even just for a coffee, it’s in a great location.
Thanks to all involved.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Evans, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2022

Thank you for recently choosing to stay at St Brides Spa Hotel, we always feel honoured when guests choose to celebrate their special occasions with us. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, it really means a lot to all of the team to see how much you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad to read how much you enjoyed a relaxing time in the Marine Spa and a tasty meal in our Cliff Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Brides Spa Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2022

I brought two friends here who came to visit me in Pembrokeshire. When we arrived, it wasn't clear where our table was as we weren't shown to it, so we pulled two tables set for two people together right in the window of the restaurant. I did notice though that the member of staff on duty had a "training" badge on, she was absolutely charming and got us settled in & took our tea preferences while we enjoyed the stunning views. The tea arrived shortly afterwards, in very utilitarian stainless steel teapots, all the china was also very practical as well. not really the delicate, elegant china usually associated with an afternoon tea. The tea for three was on one tea stand. The sandwiches on the bottom tier of the stand were great, tasty & fresh. There were two scones each, one plain & one fruit. While tasty & warm, if slightly biscuity around the outside, they were quite small, all six scones & jam & cream were on the smaller middle tier of the tea stand. On the top smallest tier, were all the cakes - four each, an eccles cake, chocolate brownie, a white chocolate profiterole a lemon tart. While they were all delicious, there were tiny, I found the whole experience underwhelming. There wasn't one thing that sprang out as being awful, but all the little things add up, it didn't make for a memorable experience. There are other establishments in the area that offer better value or a more sophisticated experience for the same price. I don't think I'd come again for afternoon tea.

1  Thank R5071ZGyvonnes

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to St Brides Spa Hotel for Afternoon Tea.

I am sorry that the welcome and allocation of your table was not clear, this is not our usual standard but I am glad to read that you were eventually able to sit at a table near to the window.

It is with regret that you left underwhelmed with your Afternoon Tea as this is not in line with our usual feedback. All of our cakes, scones and sandwiches are made fresh in house each day with the selection changing regularly, I am so glad to read that they were all tasty. However, I am sorry that you feel as though the portion was small.

Following extensive and frequent research the size of our afternoon tea is deemed competitive, good value and reflects the cost of quality ingredients. Traditionally Afternoon Tea’s are served with delicate, finger sized sandwiches, cakes and scones.

I am very grateful for your feedback as it allows us to make improvements where we see necessary, your comments have been passed back to my Head Chef. Had we have been made aware of your dissatisfaction at the time, we would have tried our utmost to rectify this for you.

I do hope that despite your comments, we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2022 via mobile

Literally couldn't fault it at all. Booked a non-resident session in the thermal suite and hydrotherapy pool. From ease of booking to a friendly welcome on arrival to the information regarding our session to the cleanliness, layout, attention to detail. Literally on point with absolutely everything. On top of all of that, the view from the hydrotherapy pool was sublime.

Room tip: Do it!
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for recently visiting our Marine Spa.

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to leave your compliments, all of which mean a lot to our spa team who work really hard to create a relaxing and memorable experience for all our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2022

We stayed here for one night as part of a Welsh road trip holiday. The room we were given was very small and airless but the managers response and subsequent room change was outstanding. The restaurant at this hotel is excellent -service, menus, views and ambience were excellent

Date of stay: October 2022

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at St Brides as part of your Welsh Road Trip.

I am so glad to hear that on this occasion we were able to find you an alternative room, thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify this for you.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2022

I have stayed here numerous times over many years and decided it was time to return to what I once rated as the best hotel I have ever stayed at. However, things have changed…. a lot.

The positives:

The Spa is great and the view from the infinity pool is the best
The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable
The location of the hotel up on the cliff makes the experience
Reception staff were great and friendly
The food in the restaurant is tasty .... but

The negatives

The prices they charge are now way beyond fair value (also read other people’s comments on trip advisor). I know the hotel may think they are fair value but the guests are telling you otherwise!

Examples: A Double Vodka and a Diet Coke = £13.45 (£9.60 for the vodka, Smirnoff and £3.85 for a small bottle of diet coke) I can buy a bottle of Smirnoff for that price.

A Pint of Pineapple Juice = £4.15, ouch!

I know and expect to pay more as this is a hotel not a bargain booze shop, but these are VERY high prices.

Desert for Dinner £10.50 - I had a small, and I mean small piece for Pistachio cake that was barely more than two mouthfuls. It was dry and not pleasurable, and most certainly not value for money at £10.50.

Soup for starters £9. For Soup!!

To add further insult they automatically add a 10% service charge (yes it can be removed but very cheeky to have to ask for it to be removed).

At breakfast you are only allowed to order one item from the hot menu, I thought I would have Smashed Avocado on a Mufin and then Waffles however there is an extra charge. This was not previously the case and one of my positives about breakfast was the pancakes (which you could order alongside another hot item), they no longer do the pancakes, but there are pastries available (not quite the same).

When we entered our room on arrival there was an overpowering scent smell, it was very difficult to breath (sorted by opening the windows in the room but now the room was cold, and wet as the weather was awful outside).

At breakfast on the second day, we waited over 30 minutes for our hot item order, when it finally arrived, we were presented with a full meat breakfast, a huge turn off for a vegetarian to see that put in front of you. We then waited a further 20 minutes before the right order finally arrived, nearly an hour before we had our food.

This hotel I feel has gone backwards, the little things that used to make this such a special place have gone, the prices are VERY high, Dinner charges, the room rate £300 per night for a non-sea view room, etc.

That value for money feel has disappeared, replaced by an overpriced and not fair value offering. This is such a pity. I feel because they can charge these prices, they do. This place used to be my go-to for a relaxing break, however I will now be staying elsewhere where the hotel is not trying to charge VERY high prices and where there is a genuine feeling of value for money. What a real shame and such a disappointment, I know we are all suffering from the cost of living and price rises, but there is a limit to fair value and they have now over stepped this!

Room tip: Use the spa at an earlier time to avoid it being busy. Get to breakfast at your booked time if you want a window seat. Have drinks elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your 7th stay with us at St Brides Spa Hotel, I am delighted to read your positive comments regrading the spa, our reception team and our comfortable bedrooms.

I am however sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. I thank you for taking the time to speak to our Duty Manager on your departure. We weren’t however made aware of all of the points you have noted in this review, had we have known about the issue you encountered with the wait and receiving the wrong breakfast we would have strived to rectify this before you departed as this is certainly not our usual standard.

I have been in touch directly as I would like to follow up on some of the points you have noted.