All reviews mandi and tom the main house fresh fruit nice breakfast beds were very comfortable great room twin room scotland host castle ensuite guesthouse
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

To start out this maybe long winded but worth it as it is detailed and informative. I hope this will help you make a better decision or at least a more informed decision so you don't make the same mistake I did by choosing this place.

To start the beds are lumpy and not at all comfortable. It is on a major road so it was noisy all night. There is a breakfast but it only includes drinks and toast. You also need to have cash ready to pay for the room. She will not take card... Really shady.

Anyway the worst comes after we stayed. I get an email a week later saying I will be charged 10pounds because I damaged a towel.

My first reaction was what the heck did I do that was so bad. (During my trip we stayed at quiet a few places that were so much better than this for a lot less.)

Anyway, the owner sent a picture. It had two small dirt stains smaller than a coster. Due to the fact that we are in Scotland, it rains & I fell. Need I say more...

I have never heard of this in anyplace I have stayed at abroad or back in the states and I have stayed a quite a few.

When I emailed the owner back to provide written proof that says if this were to happen I would be charged if I did this to a towel.(A towel folks whose purpose is to dry and clean oneself.) She sent a nasty letter back saying she didn't need to because she had my credit card number. She also said she could not believe that anyone would be so rude as to destroy someones property and how dare I conduct myself in this manner.

If you are ever in Stirling, UK do not pick this B&B there were about four other ones two streets back that looked much nicer and were probably a little quieter. Please do not go to Auchyle Guest House in Stirling, UK.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lauren E
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Situated at the infamous Raploch housing scheme we found the guest house owners to be very nice and the room to be adequate . Great selection at breakfast . When we couldn't get a taxi the owner gave us a lift into the city centre which was much appreciated .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2016

made feel very welcome at Auchyle. We could even have our laundry done which was Very welcome after our travels. Breakfast was amazing with a beautiful selection of fresh fruit...even Kiwi fruit and a cooked breakfast made to order.
helpful advice on dinner venues and we recommend the River House a lovely restaurant only 5 minutes drive

Room Tip: We had room three which has everything we needed
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Was not allowed to check into the place until 5:30pm but had been in Stirling from 11am So was left dragging our case around all day. When we finally got to our room we were surprised to see that it was a small room with little movement room. we were also advised that we had to decide what we would want for breakfast that night. which was unusual. we found that the instant coffee was out of date. (NOV 15)

We had been invited out for the night and when we returned the key would not work in the door no matter how much we tried. I had to go an wake the woman that was working to then be told "oh I should have told you before you left" This was at about 1:15am we were then informed that we had to be out by 9:30am.
The bed was uncomfortable matress to hard and pillows to hard. Didn't sleep because we heard everything!

There is no view of the castle as stated on the website and you can only see the tip of the Wallace monument.

Would not recommend if you are looking for a comfortable night and enjoyable time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pikachupixie
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Having left an unsatisfactory hotel booked for a special occasion, we had to find somewhere else immediately. By chance we found this gem! Two very comfortable nights with excellent breakfasts and friendly, helpful advice for places to visit and dine. We would highly recommend this guest house! Thanks to Mandie, Tom and Jeanette who made us so welcome and 'saved the day' for us. We hope to return...

Room Tip: We stayed in the annexe which was very comfortable albeit the rooms a little on the small side for luggage. Otherwise, clean and cosy.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple