My husband and I arrived at Castlecroft after a busy day of travel and immediately felt we'd found a home-away-from-home. Laura was great and gave us a quick introduction to the B&B and to Stirling so that we would have time to visit Stirling Castle before it closed. She gave us a map showing the wooded paths to walk to the Castle and to town, which was great, because the walks added a lot of enjoyment to our day. Laura apologized for the "small" room, which was her last available, but it was perfect for our needs and very comfortable. The only possible negative comment I can think of about the room is that it would have been nice to have shades or blinds on the windows, since the sun comes up so very early in the summer, but with the radiator on (it was quite cool outside!) we felt we couldn't close the drapes--a very minor quibble. Breakfast was wonderful, including the tasty haggis--probably the best breakfast we had all trip. All in all a great place to stay and a fantastic bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in an elevated position under the towering magnificence of Stirling Castle, Castlecroft offers comfortable modern facilities, superb panoramic views over the King's Park Golf Course, the Royal Gardens and the hills of the Trossachs. All rooms with new modern en-suites, Free wifi, Guest PC, All rooms have flat screen TVs with DVD players, Large on site free parking area, 10 minute walk to town centre along a lovely footpath, Amazing views, Large, beautiful guest lounge with balcony off the lounge, Breakfast cooked to order with local ingredients and home made bread. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Castlecroft reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlecroft Hotel Stirling
- Castlecroft Stirling, Scotland